Anyone like a game?

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
would anyone like a game of EA..got some empty slots awaiting turn returns so i'm up for a game?

anyone?

Rev

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll play if you like. I have come off a bad beating by Ravenstrike (thats 2 he has given me), but I'll give it a whirl again. If you want Germans, go ahead and send me your turn 1 to jpmadis@ilstu.edu and I'll consider us started. If you want me to play Germans, let me know.

Rev

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Rev, I'm pleased that you're willing to consider another game after your last AAR: I'd assumed that this would put you off of this scenario for life.

Can I suggest that you use the latest version of the game posted on the sticky above? You're not being used as a guinea pig, I'm certain that the mechanisms all work, and some of the changes should address the (valid) criticisms you made about the previous version.

Rev

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are playing the new version and a mirrored game as well. I even ran through a few offensives on Poland per the Mantis strategy article. I think I will get better as it goes. I'll start a new write up and keep track as I go to offer more insight and info on how things play out.

Thanks for your help Mark

Rev

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
ill write up from my side as well
rev which game shall we wrtie up mine as axis or yours as axis?

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
rev we're playing 3.4 in my axis game not 3.4 b shall we continue or restart
what version are we playing in your axis game?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Johnathan,

It makes a *huge* difference. Read the briefing (or the 3.4 thread for a list of changes), and perhaps consider starting anew, unless you're really far in.

Rev

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lets go with 3.4b. Go ahead and resend your initial axis, I will do the same.

Rev

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
hey man,
this may seem like a stoopid question but...

How does a mirrored game work?
You play both sides with the same person, I am assuming!?

sorry, every now and then I am stoopid.

Bdr.

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Exactly What?

His exactly, or referring to my exactly interpreted definition of a mirrored game.
:halo: :whist:

How long is the average turn for most people?

Let's say into the thick of things, turns 40 and on, depending....

I usually average 2-3 hours. Of course I'm usually dazed and confused looking at the screen, including smoking outside, bathroom break(sometimes), going to get a Coke (drink a lot of Coke) and all that chit.

Dan Neely

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bdr.Mallette said:
Exactly What?

His exactly, or referring to my exactly interpreted definition of a mirrored game.
:halo: :whist:
Yes. :freak:

How long is the average turn for most people?

Let's say into the thick of things, turns 40 and on, depending....

I usually average 2-3 hours. Of course I'm usually dazed and confused looking at the screen, including smoking outside, bathroom break(sometimes), going to get a Coke (drink a lot of Coke) and all that chit.
As the germans: 25m in poland, 40m in france, 20 until barbarossa, 60m until the front stablizes, after that depends on how much of it's in motion. As the allies generally 10-25m while the defensive. The one game I had where I went on a largescale counterattack doesn't count since my opponent was green enough that I broke the germans using the frogs and brits alone.