anyone interested in a pure armor PBEM?

[nzn]

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good choice of battle time that was, but with tigers against m76s you could perform better i think... and faster too :thumup:

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Originally posted by ['nzn]
Good choice of battle time that was, but with tigers against m76s you could perform better i think... and faster too :thumup:
Hohoo, I only got 4 Tigers, and most of the killing was made with Pz-IVHs and Stugs...I advice you not to park all your tanks near the flags without any flank cover... :)

arkai88

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but it probably will. I really think that taking Tigers and to an lesser extent Panthers in an ME is just simply wrong. I have 2 or 3 people that I no longer play simply because I'm not picky(and I'm also too trusting) and I let them set up the battle and send me the first file, only to find myself facing a force centered around the big cats.

I know there will be someone in here boasting soon; "I have no problems killing Tigers, I've even done it with T-60's". We all know that TIgers CAN be killed, but 2 fairly even matched opponents, even on terrain that favors t-34's, the Tiger player still has to make mistakes for the Russian player to win and even then, the Russian player has to hope that after setting up a beautiful flank attack on the TIgers, that his T-34's don't simply slam their tanks into reverse at the sight of the Tigers.

Just my 2c.

arkai88

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree for the most part, however a KV with a green or average crew in 41 is nowhere as lethal as a Tiger with a vet or crack crew in 43.

The KV isn't going to hit nearly as often, but it is almost as hard to destroy. Then again I wouldn't be surprised to see someone put an elite crew in a 1941 KV.

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Originally posted by arkai88
Then again I wouldn't be surprised to see someone put an elite crew in a 1941 KV.
Exactly. You'll see surprisingly many KV-1s with veteran crews in QBs...

Last edited:

Scipio

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I have more problems with Panthers then Tigers, and I have a real big problem with 'Rounded' armor on Russian tanks. I always thought it would be an advantage - but it seems to me that it is a big disadvantage. I loose most of my Soviet tanks to front turret penetrations :( I wonder why rounded armor was the Soviet doctrin til the modern times.

However, I'm not a tank battle expert - you should ask Major Taktik. He loves tanks.

But if someone want to have a nasty city combat, I'm your man :)