Anyone Heard from HOB Recently?

Steven Linton

Maniac with keyboard
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I posted an order for The Long March back in early November 2010, but I've heard nothing since, despite emails et al to Steve.

Anyone heard from them recently?

regularjoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Always order HOB product from a reseller like Noble Knight Games or The Gamers Armory. HOB makes products of exceptional quality & I am all for supporting small businesses but HOB has a track record for being poor at order fulfillment. Look through their thread over at Consim World and you'll see more posts like this one.

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I thought HOB went defunct and what was left rolled into BFP, no?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I thought HOB went defunct and what was left rolled into BFP, no?
No, BFP was doing development for HOB, but they parted ways and BFP is doing their own thing now. HOB still (ostensibly) exists. AFAIK, The Long March is the only thing they've put out since BFP split off.

S

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
No, BFP was doing development for HOB, but they parted ways and BFP is doing their own thing now. HOB still (ostensibly) exists. AFAIK, The Long March is the only thing they've put out since BFP split off.

S
Oh, I thought some of HOB left and went to BFP or somehting like that. HOB has been so quiet in the last 2 years or so. In contrast BFP has been prolific.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, I thought some of HOB left and went to BFP or somehting like that. HOB has been so quiet in the last 2 years or so. In contrast BFP has been prolific.
Hey Don,
BFP bought the rights to a bunch of HOB stuff (OtO, RBF4, HG, BtB, etc) we have started to improve and re-relesase those we've acquired. That's how we are releasing OtO in our East Front pack coming up as well as releasing the rare vehicle stuff from RBF4.

Rick

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Rick,

Thanks I knew there was some type of reason. The rare vehicle stuff sounds interesting. I did not get any of the RBF, so that would be cool to have released.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
the ONLY thing I'm missing is HoW and RbF1

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
the ONLY thing I'm missing is HoW and RbF1
HoW was from the original incarnation of BFP (BFP issue 1). The current BFP's Operation Cobra was #2 and the scenarios continued the numbering sequence.
Evilbay would be the only place to find BFP 1 (HoW) and only if you are lucky.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
HoW was from the original incarnation of BFP (BFP issue 1). The current BFP's Operation Cobra was #2 and the scenarios continued the numbering sequence.
maybe someday I'll get lucky

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
About half of the HoW scenario use DLX map boards. ( It came with an unmounted DLX map
BF1 and Rubble overlays for DLX size hexes.) Most of the other scenaios were reprinted in the ASL Journals 2 and 3.
Dave

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Paul.

What approx is 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40 pounds in US currency?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Spencer. After the map pack, J9, AP7, SKE this may be a bit much for me now, perhaps when taxes are filed but thanks none-the-less.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Spencer. After the map pack, J9, AP7, SKE this may be a bit much for me now, perhaps when taxes are filed but thanks none-the-less.
No problem, Don.

Gamer's Armory still has 3&4... I know Alex had 2-4 fairly recently. 1 is the only one that's really a challenge. I can't quite justify SCG's price, either, though.

S