Anyone have pics of these CH! counter sheets?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, just curious...
Wondering if anyone has feedback (and maybe pics) on these counter sets:
Greeks
Polish Armoured Division '44

As if I need more counters...

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What I don't like is that the artwork for the infantry--excluding officers--looks exactly like the CH Polish infantry.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
die cutting looks like crap
Yes, the large 'nubs' on the upper corners of the counters make these very difficult to remove from the sheets. I had this problem with the U.S.Army nationality set (the last CH product I have purchased) and I needed a chisel edge X-Acto blade to remove them from the sheets. Those corners didn't trim very cleanly either despite using an Oregon counter cutter.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya, Ray charges an arm and a leg for his counters but will not put any quality control into them. I wont buy counters from him until he corrects this problem.

Yes, the large 'nubs' on the upper corners of the counters make these very difficult to remove from the sheets. I had this problem with the U.S.Army nationality set (the last CH product I have purchased) and I needed a chisel edge X-Acto blade to remove them from the sheets. Those corners didn't trim very cleanly either despite using an Oregon counter cutter.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have to agree that they don't punch out very easy. I just started to use a pair of scissors and cut them out then use my Oregon corner trimmer and they look fine. Also, if you buy them early you get the low price plus you can use the 30% discount code and get them even cheaper. So at that low price they are compatible with anyone else selling counters.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really like my new Spanish Civil War counters, except for some proofing errors in numbers of MMCs and identifying letters. I found them pretty easy to punch out and they clipped up really well with my nail clippers

goatleaf1

Reaction score
Country
ll
Why has Ray not fixed the die cutting problem. I thought he had his own gear to make counter sheets rather than using a third party. It is maddening to have to identify counters that are too thin or too wide and then bin them. And it's been a problem for years. Counter variety and colour are one of CH's big selling points yet he continues with this big negative. On second thoughts maybe he can't be bothered and this is why he provides so many counters of each type - knowing about a quarter will have to be binned.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What I don't like is that the artwork for the infantry--excluding officers--looks exactly like the CH Polish infantry.

not necessarily... the Norwegians are definitely the more distinct of the 3 sets I got from CH but the Polish and Greeks are not quite the same. Though I was disappointed in a way they (or the whole Nat sets for that matter) didn't snap crackle and pop like some of the earlier versions of the improved CH counters. The Stonne French and those Counterattack Hungarians were hands down IMO the beat looking counters anyone has done in ASL. Great color, great detail.

and to touch on a few points Whiskas and Scotty made. Definitely best to order on pre order, they aren't particularly expensive when hand in hand with the discount code.. and especially important as their quality control.. quite frankly.. sucks balls man. Lots of vehicle and ordnance errata in particular with the Greek set. Only recommended in extreme cases of counter addiction haha

Attachments

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
not necessarily... the Norwegians are definitely the more distinct of the 3 sets I got from CH but the Polish and Greeks are not quite the same. Though I was disappointed in a way they (or the whole Nat sets for that matter) didn't snap crackle and pop like some of the earlier versions of the improved CH counters. The Stonne French and those Counterattack Hungarians were hands down IMO the beat looking counters anyone has done in ASL. Great color, great detail.

and to touch on a few points Whiskas and Scotty made. Definitely best to order on pre order, they aren't particularly expensive when hand in hand with the discount code.. and especially important as their quality control.. quite frankly.. sucks balls man. Lots of vehicle and ordnance errata in particular with the Greek set. Only recommended in extreme cases of counter addiction haha
The counter on the left is the Grek then? Hmmm. Glad that i am mistaken.
Considering your error spotting I think I will pass...
Thanks!

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CH counters are very challenging to clip. Use a #3 surgical scalpel and cut each nib using scalpel tip so as to not have cardboard bend,then trim counter to get as square as possible, then clip each corner. Find I do not have as much trouble clipping counters from any other producer as I do with CH counters. Attached pics of various CH sets I have clipped for comparison.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CH counters are very challenging to clip. Use a #3 surgical scalpel and cut each nib using scalpel tip so as to not have cardboard bend,then trim counter to get as square as possible, then clip each corner. Find I do not have as much trouble clipping counters from any other producer as I do with CH counters. Attached pics of various CH sets I have clipped for comparison.

View attachment 11617View attachment 11618View attachment 11619View attachment 11620View attachment 11621
Yes, the new ones are certainly a 'challenge' to clip. This is a disappointing development since I did not experience the same problems with the counters from the second edition of Ruweisat Ridge which I purchased a few years ago. The Ruweisat Ridge MMC and SMC counters are actually rather attractive, and I use them often in most of my DTO games.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why do they not post good images where they sell the product or the manufacture site, which is the worst site I have been to in 3 decades. As much as I like having a color for every nation, if its in accurate and they are not cheap, why bother. Just a pure money grab and a good one too.