Anyone have a copy of the original (not Critical Hit) Soldiers of the Negus?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I am primarily interested in how the Ethiopian and Eritrean squads/HS look like, i.e., are they 3-3-7 (1st Line), etc. ?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I am primarily interested in how the Ethiopian and Eritrean squads/HS look like, i.e., are they 3-3-7 (1st Line), etc. ?
Just for comparison with the originals provided uptread:

Here is the CH version of the counters (front). The difference seems to be in the artwork for some of the leaders which look more african tribal in the CH version.

von Marwitz

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know if there are any, “new “ scenarios in the MMP edition? Or just a reprint of the original ones?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where's the SW counter for the tankette tipping lever? Those bad boys have to be at LEAST 1 PP.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Where's the SW counter for the tankette tipping lever? Those bad boys have to be at LEAST 1 PP.
Have a look at the counters, man. These guys are so poorly equipped that they carry only spears. That said, it goes without saying that they weren't equipped with tank-flip attack counters either... They did it with their (soon to be cold dead) hands. ;)

von Marwitz

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't forget, there will probably be some rules concerning chemical (gas) warfare {re: "Dew of Death"}, as the Italians used gas against the
Ethiopians [at least that's what some historical accounts say].

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Don't forget, there will probably be some rules concerning chemical (gas) warfare {re: "Dew of Death"}, as the Italians used gas against the
Ethiopians [at least that's what some historical accounts say].
I doubt that there will be rules concerning chemical (gas) warfare in the MMP version of 'Soldiers of the Negus'. There weren't any rules in the CH version of it and it would surprise me why MMP should invent them with no scenarios designed for them. In the CH version 'Scrub' is treated as 'Candelabra Trees', i.e. "large cactus-like trees found in abundance in the deserts of Ethiopia. The large plants average 8-9 feet in height and grow in clumps, usually surrounded by a hardy, knee high breed of desert grass. Their name stems from the many branches which curve upward, making the trees look quite a candelabra." This is the only 'extra' rule besides some specifics for the Ethiopian Army and Eritrean Troops.

It is a fact that the Italians used gas in the area. I have read about it in one of my books but I can't remember the details as I went through it several years ago.

von Marwitz

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am wanting to say the Italians did not use the gas anywhere near their own troops. Thus putting it outside the scope of an ASL scenario.
But, I’m sure someone has studied it more than I have.