Anyone ever purchase the PSW 222 in Red Barricades?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Seems to be a good " bypass freeze" weapon.

The enemy either has to fire ( objective fulfilled) AC has + 2 TEM for attacks .. pretty good OR get freezed.
OR

Can keep units DM by just going adj to broken units. (Improve breakthroughs).
OR

Can fire at Factory roofs with 8 FP !

Just don't use them LIKE tanks !! That a 45L blew them away is an example !

Any Russians firing is a non- ? unit ... Sounds good????

They can also use sustained fire and FPF... lastly MA does not cower.
Vehicles can use sustained fire but not FPF.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I don’t know what the good campaign would be to really get a lot of use out of these or the Pumas. They are fun in the scenarios that have them.

FrankH.

Reaction score
Use the PSW 222's for their firepower if you are really concerned about HIP OBA Observers, Mortar spotters, and MG nests on the rooftops. They can go through wire, gullies, hedges, and entrenchments to strip a lot of infantry concealment (presummably ahead of an infantry attack). In these cases keep them in motion, don't bunch them up, and away from known AT guns that are not otherwise occupied. VBM Sleaze vs. poorly placed or poorly supported MG nests in buildings or pillboxes.

They do have potentially endless mobile (dispersed) smoke discharger capability, which the halftracks lack. Not sure if vehicle smoke is used as much as it could be.

As with any blitzkrieg weapon/strategy, these have to wait for the appearance of a breakthrough. This blitzkreig will be more of a low budget version. Mostly a mid-game weapon, I think.

Otherwise, keep them offboard until you need them.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I bought some once for a very specific attack. I started the day adjacent to a factory, but the road had no TEM. Piled them up with a bunch of assault engineers and flamethrowers. First Prep Fire Phase they added to a wall of firepower against the factory while providing a hindrance for any broken infantry needing to rout.

After that, they didn’t do much. Stayed away from AT guns, dueling with upper level machine gun nests. One immobilized with a broken gun, and spent the next week failing to put on some new tires so they could recall while sitting there CE trying to attract sniper fire away from a better target.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I tried them.. they are actually usefull on the flanks.. as your opponent moves troops around they can strip concealment. Hence the reason they are recon vehicles. Just stay at 16 hex range and in motion,

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Please note that the PSW 222 is a recee vehicle not a combat vehicle.. they are designed to get out of trouble twice as fast as they get into it..also their pop gun is just a morale device for the crew.. just enough fire power to force a enemy crew to button up.. so they can advance in the OTHER direction post haste :p

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
The trick is to attract some attention but not too much.
A good play if your opponent is distracted fairly easily, it could make him lose a little focus by annoying his rear troops...or it could activate some reserves 😕.
I could only see spending the points if Inf RGs were pretty much exhausted, or somehow you didn't need another coy. (it could happen I suppose :unsure:)

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The trick is to attract some attention but not too much.
A good play if your opponent is distracted fairly easily, it could make him lose a little focus by annoying his rear troops...or it could activate some reserves 😕.
I could only see spending the points if Inf RGs were pretty much exhausted, or somehow you didn't need another coy. (it could happen I suppose :unsure:)
Do not need to attract attention.. in RB just find a long open street park at the end keep at 16 hex range.. as your opponenet moves across the street he losses concealment you check the stacks and know what is there or if they are dummies.. Works great for me... and since they are fast movers you can adjust quickly.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In Red factories. they are very good to scoot around the edges, and get near the river then sit there to fire on targets of opportunity