Anyone encountering any dropouts?

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a quick note that if you've not heard from your opponent, to contact me via PM. I'm going to proceed in bringing in the second wave 2-3 players more on each side.

fei_hung

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSingapore
Hi

I have sent you a PM regarding my game with PDF

As I am having some computer problems , will not able to continue for some time

I have not started any turn yet and the first turn by PDF is available at the Axis thread

Sorry for the trouble caused and my apology to PDF

Regards

Fei

Pdqport

1st Caveman Superhero
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unforunately I am unable to carry on my match with L'Emmerdeur. I have sent him a pm regarding my situation. We had only begun our match and I have not yet completed my first turn. I hope he can be matched up with a new opponent fairly quickly.

Sorry to drop out. I was really looking forward to this but I have some family stuff that is consuming a lot of my time and mental energy right now.

Thanks to all you folks who have worked so hard to put this workshop together and help new guys like me learn the game.

I look forward to trying again when life is a little more settled on my end.

Good luck to the rest of you who are slugging it out!

Regards,

Christopher

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Very honourable of you guys to announce that you are dropping out rather than
a) dropping off without saying so, or
b) keeping it at it and plying a turn a month.
:salute:

PDF

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Too bad Feng Hui you couldn't even be able to play a couple turns !

Well, what do I do now ? I fear to get paired with L'Emmerdeur who looks very mean given his name (yep I'm French..:laugh: ).

L'Emmerdeur

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
PDF said:
Too bad Feng Hui you couldn't even be able to play a couple turns !

Well, what do I do now ? I fear to get paired with L'Emmerdeur who looks very mean given his name (yep I'm French..:laugh: ).
Got the name from a series of novels. Bears no relation to the reality of course:lier:

It would be good to get paired up with someone else (me playing allies preferably) - with the usual caveat about how much of a noob I am. Someone else referred to me as still having the milk dripping from my mouth and that is about right (perhaps an understatement).

Joss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
L'Emmerdeur said:
Someone else referred to me as still having the milk dripping from my mouth and that is about right (perhaps an understatement).

Yeah, but don't let JAM get to ya... we all dripped milk at one time or another :laugh:

(I think even JAM might have, but it's never been scientifically proven :D )

liuzg150181

Reaction score
Country
llSingapore
My opponent davidr hasnt been reply to my PBEM nor my PM, would that be considered dropout?

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Liuzg - have you had any communication with him at all, and if so, when? If you haven't had any communication with him that'll be considered a drop out and I'll get you another opponent.

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Liuz you're now paired with dkatz - both of you were in the same situation.

liuzg15018 1-3/wk -------- vs. ----- dkatz 2-3/wk

shoelessjoe

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Replacements or Reconstitution

If you have need for any more replacements on either side, I'd love to join.

I'm a novice. Played through the (4) in-game tutorials against PO. Have never played PBEM, but want to learn to play against humans.

I could provide 3-5 turns per week, with 3 being a firm minimum.

If everyone is paired up and you don't need anyone, then I'd be happy to add my name to the list for the next time, if any, that you have a workshop like this.

A question, if you will: How long do most of you take to complete a turn in a scenario such as this one? 2 hours? 5? 10?

many thanks

liuzg150181

Reaction score
Country
llSingapore
Heinz57 said:
Liuz you're now paired with dkatz - both of you were in the same situation.

liuzg15018 1-3/wk -------- vs. ----- dkatz 2-3/wk
Ok thx,should davidr reply again i certainly would play wif both of 'em.:smoke:

Grubwurm

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Droping

I'm dropping out.

I have too much on my plate to keep my partner hanging on my turns.

I am sorry to have to do this but have too much to do and it takes up most of my free time.

Grubwurm

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
shoelessjoe - you're up...

shoelessjoe said:
If you have need for any more replacements on either side, I'd love to join.

I'm a novice. Played through the (4) in-game tutorials against PO. Have never played PBEM, but want to learn to play against humans.

I could provide 3-5 turns per week, with 3 being a firm minimum.

If everyone is paired up and you don't need anyone, then I'd be happy to add my name to the list for the next time, if any, that you have a workshop like this.

A question, if you will: How long do most of you take to complete a turn in a scenario such as this one? 2 hours? 5? 10?

many thanks
shoelessjoe,

Okay, if you are up for a game, we have a slot for you - it may be already be in the first few turns. Turns for this scenario should not take more than two hours - maybe three if you are new and really looking things over.

It would be good for you to send your opponent a note via PM to exchange e-mail addresses. Your opponent is: pelle

You should have access to the Allied Team Forum in 1-2 days and there are more notes in there for you.

Last edited:

shoelessjoe

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heinz57 said:
shoelessjoe,

Okay, if you are up for a game, we have a slot for you - it may be already be in the first few turns. Turns for this scenario should not take more than two hours - maybe three if you are new and really looking things over.

It would be good for you to send your opponent a note via PM to exchange e-mail addresses. Your opponent is: pelle

You should have access to the Allied Team Forum in 1-2 days and there are more notes in there for you.
Message received. Thanks!

Redstorm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Missing Opponent

Heinz57

Haven't gotten anything back from my opponent in several weeks Re-emailed my turn out to him in case I forgot but I'll await a response. I will keep you informed

Paul