anyone else grab TDC from MMP?

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
the sister game that has the us airborne in action on Hells Highway is up for Preorder on MMPs site

later
DC is on my way to me and I have the "the green box" on pre-order...I'm really intrigued by it!

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
Well I will be playing DC on VASSAL as I simply don't have the space for it otherwise (thanks Adam and MMP for VASSAL module!) I'm really interested to read the programmed Instructions rulebook.

Last edited:

cryophobia

Reaction score
Yup, and it's a really well-done game with beautiful components. A very nice system.
It's the 1st game my wife commented on saying, "What a beautiful box and components compared to your other war games". :D

So on face level this game is really pretty.

bos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's the 1st game my wife commented on saying, "What a beautiful box and components compared to your other war games". :D

So on face level this game is really pretty.
Just wait until you take up an entire room with the full campaign map.

Oh yeah, and the sister game Where Eagles Dare mentioned in the OP, will link up apparently.

Each hex in this game is about 12 ASL hexes across (500m vs 40m). You could probably play out each combat as an ASL game if you were truly insane. :horse:. Integrate it with a simultaneous campaign of ABTF for extra spice.

Last edited:

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
I'm trying to pre-order it but I'm having trouble with the ordering engine. I'll get that worked out soon, I hope.

When this thing links up with Devil's Cauldron you'll have a mapboard that is a good 140" long. Where do you set something like that up, except on a floor?

I'm too old to play games on the floor.

:upset:

Chris Drake

Capitalist Pig
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of my friends has it and he and another have played almost every scenario, they said it was a fun and playable game system. Unfortunately, he doesn't have room for the full game.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
One of my friends has it and he and another have played almost every scenario, they said it was a fun and playable game system. Unfortunately, he doesn't have room for the full game.
Hi!

Who does:clown:

Seriously, how much space does it take up without those little add on maps?

Peace

Roger

bos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The single map scenario's aren't too bad, just 34" x 22", I believe (86 x 56 cm).

It's when you want to do the 4-map campaign that you get in trouble. Double those dimensions. Plus the three map extensions.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
The single map scenario's aren't too bad, just 34" x 22", I believe (86 x 56 cm).

It's when you want to do the 4-map campaign that you get in trouble. Double those dimensions. Plus the three map extensions.
Hi!

So you need a 7'X4' table?

Will it fit on a 4x8 without the extensions?

Peace

Roger

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Can anybody take a moment to explain how the TDC campaign system works?

Is it just a long, large scenario like in the Gamers OCS series? Or does it have fresh, new strategic elements (e.g. OB purchase system) that doesn't exist within the scenarios?

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Fold-up church hall tables, guys. The ultimate solution for monster gaming. :smoke:

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fold-up church hall tables, guys. The ultimate solution for monster gaming. :smoke:
No actually attending the Consimworld Expo in Tempe, Arizona home of THE premier Monster Game venue is the solution!

Monster games of every shape and size, including ASL HASLs, are played, playtested and seriously enjoyed over the 5 days of this convention in beautiful Tempe Arizona...

It's worth the trip if you play games other than ASL...

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can anybody take a moment to explain how the TDC campaign system works?

Is it just a long, large scenario like in the Gamers OCS series? Or does it have fresh, new strategic elements (e.g. OB purchase system) that doesn't exist within the scenarios?
Partially answering the question: first off man, you gotta drop the expectation of an ASL-type OB purchase across the wargaming board. I know its a good thing, but it really isn't appropriate to a full battle or campaign type presentation.

The TDC campaign is a long scenario of the traditional type; play is of the chit draw type which adds endless variety to each playing. I believe there may be options (such as free drop/landing schedules)available, but I haven't looked too closely at the the game yet due to a decided lack of time.

It is a most impressive product, though, looking like it may well have been worth the exorbitant cost...I may even pick up a second copy...:nuts:

Last edited:

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Another "campaign game" that's just another long scenario?? Boo, hiss. :upset:

Even World in Flames campaigns have strategic purchase and build cycles.

BTW - Cheers to MonsterCon. Will be in AZ for one of these sometime soon.

KevinG

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
> So you need a 7'X4' table?

There is a VASSAL module if space is an issue althought I've heard it's a bit of a memory hog - no real surprise there. I have played through the first couple of scenarios solo and am playing the 1AB drop and move into Arnhem with a friend tonight. I typically dont like chit draw games, but this one works well. So far it seems a nice system and captures the feel of the action nicely IMO. The than the superb production that is evident as soon as one opens the box, the support from the designers is absolutely first rate.