Anybody? Anybody? Buehler

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
hmm. ... a life outside of my computer? (hmmm what does that mean? :D )

Reaction score
nemo said:
Who / what is Buehler?
Buehler is from the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". Ferris, a manipulator, with good intentions, and somewhat of a free spirit, decide's to take a day off from school. Through very eleborate means, he attempts to maintain the decepttion with his parents and school administrators. Through various misunderstandings, word spreads of his "illness" and the whole school, even much of Chicago is rooting for his recovery.

A classic scene in the movie has one of his teachers doing the class roll call. In the most boring, flat-toned voice, his teacher repeats Bueller's name, "Bueller...Bueller...Bueller..." until someone informs him the Ferris is out ill.

In the US, the line "Bueller...Bueller..." is used when one wants to get someone else's attention, or to indicate some other person is not mentally or physically present. In this case, Jon is implying that we may not be "here" but wrapped up in our online life. (Jon, correct me if I missed it.)

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Iron Mike USMC said:
Buehler is from the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". Ferris, a manipulator, with good intentions, and somewhat of a free spirit, decide's to take a day off from school. Through very eleborate means, he attempts to maintain the decepttion with his parents and school administrators. Through various misunderstandings, word spreads of his "illness" and the whole school, even much of Chicago is rooting for his recovery.

A classic scene in the movie has one of his teachers doing the class roll call. In the most boring, flat-toned voice, his teacher repeats Bueller's name, "Bueller...Bueller...Bueller..." until someone informs him the Ferris is out ill.

In the US, the line "Bueller...Bueller..." is used when one wants to get someone else's attention, or to indicate some other person is not mentally or physically present. In this case, Jon is implying that we may not be "here" but wrapped up in our online life. (Jon, correct me if I missed it.)
I never thought an explanation of Ferris Bueller's Day off could be so boring! :p

And of course I have a life outside of this place. I have the other forums I visit, my various jobs, all my schoolwork... and of course the drinking with friends...

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Overseer said:
I never thought an explanation of Ferris Bueller's Day off could be so boring! :p

And of course I have a life outside of this place. I have the other forums I visit, my various jobs, all my schoolwork... and of course the drinking with friends...
It was Ben Stein after all...

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Doctor said:
It was Ben Stein after all...
Well the scene described was Ben Stein, but Iron Mike isn't Ben Stein is he!? :p

Reaction score
The Doctor said:
I don't know; I've never seen the two of them together, in the same place.
:cheeky:
I am not now, nor have I ever been Ben Stein. ;)

I could never do justice to the movie. Besides, in my own defense, I was trying to be brief.

overseer said:
I never thought an explanation of Ferris Bueller's Day off could be so boring!
Good thing you're an ally. otherwise, I might have taken this personally. :dead: :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Life?! Of Course I have a life, when I'm not on my computer I'm out playing D&D with my friends while also watching reruns of Star Trek....wait wait, no, on second thought maybey I don't have a life after all.

Scully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With a wife and two kids, I sometimes have more life away from the computer than I'd like! :D

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Well, without computers? Not really I can't imagine anyone here in this forum that spends a life without computers...