Any way to move toolbar config to a new computer?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have my VASL toolbar setup exactly how I want it on my old computer. Any way to move the config over to a new machine or do I have to redo the setup from scratch? Thanks.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
There is a folder of setups called "qcconfigs" in your VASSAL preferences folder. It may in a hidden folder so you'll want to search with the appropriate options selected for your OS.

I would presume you would copy these files over.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, you're a lifesaver. For anybody interested, on a Windows machine go to %appdata% in an explorer window and then go to VASSAL folder > qcconfigs. There was one XML file in there. I dragged it to an email and sent it to myself. Then on the new computer, I downloaded it and then moved it to the qcconfigs folder on my new machine. There was two files in there already. I deleted those. Then I reopened VASL and clicked on the "Built in configuration (copy)" radio button. This loaded my toolbar that I had previously built on another machine. Thanks @zgrose

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks. I never customized mine much, but this could help if I do a re-install in the future.

Also, it could inspire some of the more creative and talented elements of these forums to share their work with others. :)