Any New Post-Ring guesses for LotRO?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Time for another "After the Rings Destruction" discussion.

So any ideas or guesses on what might happen in the game IF we get to see the Ring destroyed?

I can't believe that Turbine will just stop the game there, they must have some plan beyond that.

Of course if they know they won't get their licence renewed they could just drag/rush us to that point I suppose & end it.

One line of action could be to keep some of the Nazgul alive. After the Ring is destroyed they survive via their own rings remaining power but in a much weaker state. Quests could be to stop them from regaining their power or forming new evil forces.

Also some of the independent minion Lords who once served Sauron could step forth to battle the Free Peoples. Then theres the possibility of quests extending into the Wilderlands & Harad.

The biggest "non-story" story line of all of course would be exploring east into "far" Rhun and see what the 2 Blue Wizards who "disappeared" there have been up to.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think they covered that with the Shadow of Angmar start point, I doubt they'd back track.

What would be cool would be a Middle Earth Setting of C.1000 T.A. when the northern kingdoms of Arnor were on the verge of Civil War and fighting Saurons minions coming from Angmar & the Misty Mountains.
Plus you had all the invasions coming from the east & south into Gondor.

The First Age might be interesting but the action is contained in such a small area along a 200 mile border. They'd have to come up with some ideas, maybe expanding on the Dwarf/Elf conflicts a bit.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All the "reputation/skirmish mark" consolidations in the last update has me optimistic about the future of the game. The more they keep "going back" and screwing with things that while needing improvement didn't have to be touched is a good sign.

A few things that would give me more hope of a post-ring game would be:
1. Backfilling in by-passed regions like Lindon (Grey Havens), and now I guess as they would call it, "North Dunland" (Tharbad region).
2. Upgrading the Housing system.
3. Get us across the Misty Mountains in the north- although I still suspect that region will open up with the Hobbit Movie release.
4. Turbine just coming out & saying it will happen. (Going into Harad & Rhun).