Any Moderator Please Read

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I woke up this morning and found my post total had fallen 50! I went to sleep with 697 posts (I had just made Battalion XO, thats why I remember) and I woke up with 644! How did this happen and can it be fixed? Thanks.

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
I woke up this morning and found my post total had fallen 50! I went to sleep with 697 posts (I had just made Battalion XO, thats why I remember) and I woke up with 644! How did this happen and can it be fixed? Thanks.
It seems mine also went down a bit. As a mod, we can't fix those things but I'll PM Brian and Shane and they'll be able to help you.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Any Moderator Please Read

Originally posted by dannybou
It seems mine also went down a bit. As a mod, we can't fix those things but I'll PM Brian and Shane and they'll be able to help you.
Thanks. I don't know what happened. Its like its some sort of conspiracy....:whistle:

Napoleon

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now that you mention it I did notice a little thing that was messed with the posting. On the top ten posting list I was 29 when I went to bed and when I woke up I found out that the person in front of me had dropped and I was now 27.... I didn't think much of it at the time but if it is happening to others this a problem we need to address.

I'm not sure about my own posts. But I think there ok.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
How odd.

Can't remember what my post tally was last night, but I don't think it's been adversely affected.

Dr. S.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Are there any threads being deleted or maybe archived? I know in the Name the Wargame threads -when that all started - and those old threads were 'retired' - my posts dropped all of the time.

I realize it is a personal issue, but I think these boards are probably more about content - than any idividual post count - as it is not probably meant to be a contest....

hogdriver

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not certain, but I don't think mine changed. I'm not sure how it may have happened, maybe an error on the server (no, in fact I DON'T know what I'm talking about.)

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by trauth116
Are there any threads being deleted or maybe archived? I know in the Name the Wargame threads -when that all started - and those old threads were 'retired' - my posts dropped all of the time.

I realize it is a personal issue, but I think these boards are probably more about content - than any idividual post count - as it is not probably meant to be a contest....
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Because I lost some, but those around me didn't, so I think something's been deleted. Oh well, guess it doesn't matter, but I was just so close to making Lieutenant Colonel finally! Probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Because I lost some, but those around me didn't, so I think something's been deleted. Oh well, guess it doesn't matter, but I was just so close to making Lieutenant Colonel finally! Probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.
Well, it IS nice being a General somewhere. :D

Cheers!
:toast:

:armed:

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some of you figured out what happened. There was some accidental deletions done in the ACW forum...which resulted in the losses happening to people who have posted a lot in the ACW forum.

I have a system backup of the entire site from a few days ago so I can get most of them back - but it will take a little time for me to figure out how to selectively restore certain threads.

In short, many of you are due some increased post counts!

:banana:

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Brian King
Some of you figured out what happened. There was some accidental deletions done in the ACW forum...which resulted in the losses happening to people who have posted a lot in the ACW forum.

I have a system backup of the entire site from a few days ago so I can get most of them back - but it will take a little time for me to figure out how to selectively restore certain threads.

In short, many of you are due some increased post counts!

:banana:
Thanks alot Brian. I was really going to miss those old posts. Take your time, as long as I know they are out there somewhere. :thumb:

Napoleon

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dang...I was enjoying having the WW1 Forum ahead of the ACW Forum. Oh well, I guess its for the best.:thumb:

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Napoleon
Dang...I was enjoying having the WW1 Forum ahead of the ACW Forum. Oh well, I guess its for the best.:thumb:
Not for long. The ACW posts have merely conducted a tactical retreat out of view and will soon launch a massive counterattack to end the war in one broad stroke! :thumb: :armed:

(We are at war, right? Oh well, too late now!)

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Yeah, I just nocticed I'm missing more than 50 too. I was on this morning when I first saw this thread, and I wasn't missing any, but when I checked just now, I discovered I was missing some. I even dropped a rank.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Any Moderator Please Read

Originally posted by Bariman
Yeah, I just nocticed I'm missing more than 50 too. I was on this morning when I first saw this thread, and I wasn't missing any, but when I checked just now, I discovered I was missing some. I even dropped a rank.
Yeah, Brian's fixing it. Like us said, the posts are just hiding, waiting to strike when least expected....