• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...in a detailed Fallujah map for TacOps? I found a very good 9km x 6.5 km satellite image that I am using to make a Raging Tiger map, and I think it would also be well-suited to the current ops in Fallujah in TacOps with dismounts going through the city systematically (lot's of close-in combat!).

Let me know if there is any interest before I go and code it.

Curt

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Absolutely. I gave quite a bit of thought some weeks ago to making a series of Iraqi city maps using imagery for the artwork but I could not locate any source material that was both good and copyright free.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MajorH said:
By the way, what is the largest possilbe map that can be represented in Raging Tiger?
Not sure, exactly, but I know I have some in Raging Tiger that are around 400-600 sq km. (20kmx20-30km)

The game I'm working on now has maps around 400 sq km as a limit due to the level of graphic detail.

Hypothetically, on a very strong machine and with little elevation changes (i.e., Iraqi lowlands and such), could probably get 50 x 50 in ATF or Raging Tiger.

Since there is an interest, I should be able to have the map finished by COB tomorrow.

Curt

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks. By the way, the largest size for a TacOps map (for best compatibility across Op Systems) is 29km by 29km. Reducing the TacOps map art to 256 colors will save storage space and also help users with older PCs.