Any Interest?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With Carl N starting up the regular VASL leagues (well now regular) for DTO, Glider / Para and Night - is there any interest in a 2017 - 2018 VASL "Tin Can Alley" League? Say a limit for no scenario date beyond 12-31-1940 can be used for a League match. All scenarios played must contain >= 1 AFV. Seems like it might be interesting, I'd certainly consider playing in it myself.

Thoughts anyone? Carl, would you consider coordinating such an effort? Anyone else interested in coordinating it or assisting with coordination?

KRL, Jon H

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Jon. I am pretty tapped out with 5 running now. I would be happy to assist with advice. It really is pretty easy. The biggest orgainizational challenges are getting them going in the first place and making sure folks who are having trouble getting to their opponents, get connected. Good luck. PM me if you are looking for suggestions.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
having time, space (and the right connections) I would see a day or another a "playtest league" where players test scenarios "almost done" and the Publisher give the prizes in the form of the final product for the best players and/or the more detailed analysis. I suspect that the time needed for such a league (one year?) is not compatible with the publishers' need for a fast and accurate report of the product offered to playtest but I could be wrong.

That said also a "infantry only" League would be a good idea expecially for less expert players that fear the complex rules of the Vehicles.
I believe that a league where scenarios have just Infantry and ordnances and nothing else could attract many new players on the competitive side of the hobby.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An SK League was also suggested for the new guys not all the way to ASL yet. There are quite a few ideas out there.