Any interest in "print your own" turret counters?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And the Pz IVJs had (incorrectly) FTs rather than STs. Here's the Operation Veritable sheet and I'm waiting for a check on the other German turrets before I reissue them.

Attachments

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One more omission. Somehow I forgot the Heer SdKfz 10/4 (got the SS ones ...). I'm calling it quits for a while (barring any other needed corrections people find). Too many damn counters ...
Gordon, you have done a great service for the ASL community--especially since you ask nothing in return. I am only 40% done cutting and pasting "too many damn counters" and I am loving every minute of it. As I use your counters I will be spamming this thread as well as the FB pages with action photos.
For me--especially as I am nearing retirement-- every playing of ASL is a celebratory experience. I just pause and look at the map and the counters in front of me and cherish the moment. This game is so much fun and enriched by efforts of people like yourself.
Just playing the next scenario tells me I have already won. The camaraderie, the aesthetics and the memories that will be made just make each playing a treat.
From now on, when my opponent requests a turret counter I will tell him his must be more specific. Thanks to you, I now have that specific counter.
I am in your debt.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See, now you know what I've been going through for the past few years! ?
Yep! Yep, and as a proofer for both of you guys it has truly been a labor of (ASL) love.
Gordon, can I get some SS Black ST PzKw IVJs if you are "back"?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gordon, consider this a comprehensive Like for your comprehensive turret counters ???

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a quick bump here. This unexpected covid furlough has finally given me the spare time to complete my set. I don't clip counters, I cut and paste...
Thanks again Gordon for all of your hard work as you have enabled me to pass the time better. Since I cannot play ASL at least I can still play with my ASL.

Nick Rijke

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
This has to be one of the best and most generous threads I've ever come across on social media. Thank you for all this hard work. I know it will be a hard grind and labor of love to print, stick and cut them, but nothing compared to all the effort that has created them.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I agree. I use these turret counters all the time and all my opponents are very impressed with them, and their usefulness. I suppose it would be too greedy to ask that they be created for post WW II AFVs such as the Middle East wars? I would be eternally indebted!

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, but I've done all the turrets for vehicles that I have counters for. I don't have any post WW II AFV counters. Glad you're enjoying using them.