Any interest in "print your own" turret counters?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I've created turret counters for (almost) all the AFVs in my collection. Here's a sample:

Sample.png

I haven't done all the various MG-armed AFVs nor all the various trucks/halftracks with turreted armaments (gotta draw the line somewhere). I've found it is pretty easy to print these on self-adhesive label sheets, stick 'em to the correct thickness chipboard and then cut them out with a rotary cutter and straight edge. If there are other crazy folk out there like me that would like copies of these I can post them. Some volunteers to proof 'em would also be helpful. I've caught any number of mistakes, but there might be more lurking. The set includes Germans (and black SS), Russians, Americans, British, Italians, Japanese, French, Finns, Chinese, Minor Allies and Axis, and Forgotten War vehicles.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
They look really good so Post away!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What size will these counters be?

1/2" like the 'normal' standard counter?
Or a little bigger than that like the ones that Countersmith Workshop did and printed (can't remember the exact size)?

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What size will these counters be?

1/2" like the 'normal' standard counter?
Or a little bigger than that like the ones that Countersmith Workshop did and printed (can't remember the exact size)?

von Marwitz
Since they're "print your own" you can print them whatever size you like. I've found that if I print them from Windows Photo Viewer onto U.S. "Letter" paper (8.5" x 11") at 94% zoom they come out 1/2".

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's all cool. Personally, I don't like 3rd party counters that deviate from the "standard" counter art style (your mileage may vary), which is why I tried to make these look as similar to the standard counters as possible. Color matching will always be hard as different printers print differently (hell, my "official" counter sets have many different shades for each nationality), but hopefully the colors are close enough that there's no mistaking a British turret counter for a Japanese one. ;)

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's all cool. Personally, I don't like 3rd party counters that deviate from the "standard" counter art style (your mileage may vary), which is why I tried to make these look as similar to the standard counters as possible. Color matching will always be hard as different printers print differently (hell, my "official" counter sets have many different shades for each nationality), but hopefully the colors are close enough that there's no mistaking a British turret counter for a Japanese one. ;)
I’m not knocking them, there good and would be useful for chaps who haven’t got them.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, as I'm not that familiar with how the forum handles files, what is the proper way to upload an approximately 7 MB 7zip archive file?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
OK, as I'm not that familiar with how the forum handles files, what is the proper way to upload an approximately 7 MB 7zip archive file?
I *think* you will have difficulties.

AFAIK first of all you have a size limit for files which is around 2MB or so I believe.

Second, the format of files that you can upload to this forum is limited. JPGs and GIFs work as do PDFs. Excel Spreadsheets and Word-Documents do not. And I doubt that ZIP files will work.

But I have not looked into this matter for quite some time, so it is worth to check and test a bit.

von Marwitz

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Already have countersmith workshop version
as I do and use them. They are pretty cool but I wish I could say I love them but they could have been improved upon, not to mention completed as a full set. I'd be more open to a better presentation as well as a full presentation (ie. French, Italian, and Japanese).

on that note OP.. very nice but if you want my two euro cents.. I'd ditch the 'reminder' info I see you are stuffing into the upper right of the counters. It clutters them and for information that anyone likely to find these of interest (ie hardcore player) already has committed to memory.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
as I do and use them. They are pretty cool but I wish I could say I love them but they could have been improved upon, not to mention completed as a full set. I'd be more open to a better presentation as well as a full presentation (ie. French, Italian, and Japanese).

on that note OP.. very nice but if you want my two euro cents.. I'd ditch the 'reminder' info I see you are stuffing into the upper right of the counters. It clutters them and for information that anyone likely to find these of interest (ie hardcore player) already has committed to memory.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the feedback, Having done all the counters already, I'm not sure that I want to undertake that revision right now, but I'll put it on the list.