Any Interest in a New Scenario Design Contest

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Jon!

Looks really interesting. Only one question; SSR3 states that Allied vehicle cannot enter a non-road hex at any time. Does this same prohibition extend to the Axis vehicles?

Cheers,

Mark
good catch!!. It should read no vehicles, not specifying Allied or Axis. The ground was so soft by the end of September that even full tracked vehicles were having problems negotiating off road around the farms and low lying countryside. :) WEll, I guess that's another edit. ahahahhaha :D

Jeff Waldon

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
I would like to try this scenario. However, it looks to me like the Germans could set-up on road entry hexes on south edge board z and block the Turn 1 vehicles from entering. Did I miss something? Recommend a buffer of hexes from the southern edge for German set-up.

Last edited:

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would like to try this scenario. However, it looks to me like the Germans could set-up on road entry hexes on south edge board z and block the Turn 1 vehicles from entering. Did I miss something? Recommend a buffer of hexes from the southern edge for German set-up.
Buffer hexes make a decent recommendation, but you did miss D7.1 and D7.11. unarmored vehicles may conduct OVR, passenger FP can be applied to that OVR, and OVR expenditures are not required if the enemy is concealed and opts to remain so. I'd bet losing sparse forces right up front in OG OVR's ( with the attendant -1 DRM applied) is not the best possible use most might see for the at start forces on that board. 1/4th tripled from say 2 x 6-6-7 in a 29pp truck means a 7(6) FP -1 OVR attack to start things off the bat. if they maintain concealment via a PAATC, so much the better, they can be OVR at 3(2) FP -1, for each of the three trucks, or simply bypassed and not overrun at all. I'd enjoy running the three 29PP trucks with a triple set of back to back 6-1s or 2-1s to start the game off wonderfully, not to mention their concealment can be rapidly stripped before the OVRs go off by a HS bump form entering infantry. Then a triple set of back to back 6-1 OVRs , a good way to get some early prisoners from a broken unit in the road surrounded by enemy entering infantry.

:)

Infantry cannot block the entrance of a vehicle, only other infantry.

Thinking about it further, it OVR lining up on those hapless germans trying to block the road would certainly give the game a fun factor flavor par none. :D The Cavalry Charge via trucks!!!

Last edited:

Jeff Waldon

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
Buffer hexes make a decent recommendation, but you did miss D7.1 and D7.11. unarmored vehicles may conduct OVR, passenger FP can be applied to that OVR, and OVR expenditures are not required if the enemy is concealed and opts to remain so. I'd bet losing sparse forces right up front in OG OVR's ( with the attendant -1 DRM applied) is not the best possible use most might see for the at start forces on that board. 1/4th tripled from say 2 x 6-6-7 in a 29pp truck means a 7(6) FP -1 OVR attack to start things off the bat. if they maintain concealment via a PAATC, so much the better, they can be OVR at 3(2) FP -1, for each of the three trucks, or simply bypassed and not overrun at all. I'd enjoy running the three 29PP trucks with a triple set of back to back 6-1s or 2-1s to start the game off wonderfully, not to mention their concealment can be rapidly stripped before the OVRs go off by a HS bump form entering infantry. Then a triple set of back to back 6-1 OVRs , a good way to get some early prisoners from a broken unit in the road surrounded by enemy entering infantry.

:)

Infantry cannot block the entrance of a vehicle, only other infantry.

Thinking about it further, it OVR lining up on those hapless germans trying to block the road would certainly give the game a fun factor flavor par none. :D The Cavalry Charge via trucks!!!
Interesting points. Let’s play, I’ll take the Germans?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See E2.4 EX: in all scenarios in Italy, Allies are In friendly and German in hostile.
which brings up interesting question, does the E2.4 EX over rule the next to last sentence of E2.4? " ... If players cannot agree on which side is "hostile" or "friendly", both sides are considered in a neutral country...."

A good thought to ponder :)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See E2.4 EX: in all scenarios in Italy, Allies are In friendly and German in hostile.
But it's an Italian kind of hostile, which is more like "passive aggressive annoyance". No combat per se, but the bread served with dinner will be on the stale side.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But it's an Italian kind of hostile, which is more like "passive aggressive annoyance". No combat per se, but the bread served with dinner will be on the stale side.
do the guests get any meatballs, or only pasta? :D

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
do the guests get any meatballs, or only pasta? :D
What are we, barbarians?

Of course, given the circumstances, you might want to be careful with those meatballs. The cook, he not always-a so careful, eh? Things happen. People die. Capiche?

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
What are we, barbarians?

Of course, given the circumstances, you might want to be careful with those meatballs. The cook, he not always-a so careful, eh? Things happen. People die. Capiche?
It’s all fun n games til Tony knuckles comes to visit you. Sleep tight tonight.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What are we, barbarians?

anyone seen the mule who was pulling the cart recently?!?!?!?

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Based on Pete Schelling's feedback, I have adjusted my scenario. A pdf of it has been made. I have attached that file for your amusement, derision or enjoyment. The scenario is up on the scenario archive (http://www.aslscenarioarchive.com)

Thanks!

David

Attachments