Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
A little over two weeks left. Pete Shelling has the submissions for judging. We should have the results by January 5th or 6th. The contestants had two months to design and playtest and Pete has two months to complete judging.

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A little over two weeks left. Pete Shelling has the submissions for judging. We should have the results by January 5th or 6th. The contestants had two months to design and playtest and Pete has two months to complete judging.
Thanks for the update!!
Joe

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Here are the results of the Scenario Contest:

First Place - Kevin Meyer – “A Muddy, Moonless Night”

Second Place – David Garvin – “They Shall Not Sleep”

Third Place – Jon Halfin – “Four Days to Naples”

Congratulations to each one. Contrary to my original intent, I will not publish the scenarios in order to allow the designers to pursue further playtesting and potential publication by a third party publisher or MMP.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to the winners!

Maybe I'll post mine so folks get to see at least one (dog) scenario - lol.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well that's disappointing. Other Gamesquad Scenario contests have been put up for all to download in the past. If anyone gets copies of these please send them to me for my collection.

Thanks,
Ray - 480volt93@gmail.com

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
well I just waited 2 months to find out my email submission never went through (thanks verizon).
Here's what would have been submitted for those who wanted to see a scenario (Ray):
Provoked with Impunity.JPG

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here are the results of the Scenario Contest:

First Place - Kevin Meyer – “A Muddy, Moonless Night”

Second Place – David Garvin – “They Shall Not Sleep”

Third Place – Jon Halfin – “Four Days to Naples”

Congratulations to each one. Contrary to my original intent, I will not publish the scenarios in order to allow the designers to pursue further playtesting and potential publication by a third party publisher or MMP.
With Third and a final score of "84" I am glad that we're given a chance to cover the items Pete noted in his comments before these are seen by everyone :) Rest assured, I have zero intention of submitting it to MMP or another TPP - so once the edits are made to address Pete's items he noted should be addressed - I will be posting up a scenario card here of the final result, for all. Give me about a week or so to handle the edits forst. As always, I'm glad for the feedback, and thanks for the chance to compete in this little shindig! :D

KRL, Jon H

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
....I am glad that we're given a chance to cover the items Pete noted in his comments before these are seen by everyone :) Rest assured, I have zero intention of submitting it to MMP or another TPP - so once the edits are made to address Pete's items he noted should be addressed - I will be posting up a scenario card here of the final result, for all. Give me about a week or so to handle the edits forst. As always, I'm glad for the feedback, and thanks for the chance to compete in this little shindig! :D

KRL, Jon H
I figured that each of the contestants would want to adjust their entries before publication therefore, I decided to let each make that final decision. I hope that the other contestants follow Jon's lead here and post their finalized version to Game Squad for all to see and enjoy. Jon submitted a very nice scenario card, good enough to have been produced by BFP.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
well I just waited 2 months to find out my email submission never went through (thanks verizon).
Here's what would have been submitted for those who wanted to see a scenario.
Maybe Pete could look it over and give you some feedback anyway.

rottenroller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First in another SDC. May need to move over to the judging part of things.
It would be nice to see all of the entries in one pdf to see what others have pulled
from the information provided. Allowing some time for the participants to
update the scenarios with the suggestions from Pete.

Thanks to Randy, Pete and his group of play testers for putting this together.

Kevin

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Pete - text version above if interested. Are you making it to WO?

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
First in another SDC. May need to move over to the judging part of things.
It would be nice to see all of the entries in one pdf to see what others have pulled
from the information provided. Allowing some time for the participants to
update the scenarios with the suggestions from Pete.

Thanks to Randy, Pete and his group of play testers for putting this together.

Kevin
Good luck with post contest pursuits, Kevin.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
https://www.dropbox.com/s/loac2ri3198b9ck/MWT01-v2.021.pdf?dl=0

As promised, but it took about one extra week to get the edits in line. Here is the "finished" version for all. Please enjoy! If you do decide to try it out, I might appreciate a note on how you liked it if you get the chance. :)

my email for all things ASL - witchbottles at gmail dot com.

It was an enjoyable exercise putting one of these together under a time limit. :D.
Again, thanks to Zoltan for the graphics assistance on the scen card!.

KRL,
Jon H

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

As promised, but it took about one extra week to get the edits in line. Here is the "finished" version for all. Please enjoy! If you do decide to try it out, I might appreciate a note on how you liked it if you get the chance. :)

It was an enjoyable exercise putting one of these together under a time limit. :D.

KRL,
Jon H
In the interests of understanding, along with our scenario submissions was a requirement for submitting a Design Notes section to explain what we wanted to achieve with our designs.

My Design Notes:

1. I wanted more than another ho-hum tourney scenario - although I think this one plays rapidly enough that it could be used in a tourney setting.

2. I wanted to avoid another seaborne assault scenario or river crossing scenario - there are plenty of those already, many are quite good scenarios. I do not think I could do better than those.

3. I wanted something to use a large number of boards, but be maintainable for setup, so the half board idea was the answer.

4. I wanted a scenario easily convertible to 3-players, there are not enough of them, and this one is, by splitting the allied forces.

5. I wanted a maneuvering game. both sides have to move, or they are going to lose. This is a game of moving, as the VCs testify.

KRL, Jon H

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States

I really like how you put the VPs in a table, much easier to understand. I like how you put the vehicle number from the rulebook above the graphic image for better identification (consider it a stolen idea). I would like to see or read an AA of 3 players with the Allies is "friendly competition" over VPs, I think it would be a hoot!

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

KRL,
Jon H

Hey Jon!

Looks really interesting. Only one question; SSR3 states that Allied vehicle cannot enter a non-road hex at any time. Does this same prohibition extend to the Axis vehicles?

Cheers,

Mark