Any interest in a 'Great Patriotic War' game?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well? If I can get a couple of players I'd like to run a one-shot game with the Savage Worlds rules on here.

Likely the characters would be in command of a squad/scout unit in the Red Army as they enter Germany.

There are Test Drive Rules rules for the game here so nobody needs to have the full game as far as I can tell.

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I'd be interested.
Have you ever played this ruleset or is it completely new to you?
If yes could you explain your experiences a little bit?

And how do you want to run it here in the forum? (or did I get you wrong there?)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, Most of my gaming experience is with d20 system games (d20 Modern, Spycraft, D&D and Darwin's World) and a bit of Palladium.

As to running it, I was thinking a play-by-post game and use the Irony Games dice server to deal with rolls or use Maptool. (Which I should probably figure out how to use...)

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I see, hmm, didn't even know 'dice servers' existed...

I am also just into D20 (namely d&D 3.5) and thus guess I'll take a look into the free rules thing from that page.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As to running it, I was thinking a play-by-post game and use the Irony Games dice server to deal with rolls or use Maptool. (Which I should probably figure out how to use...)
That MapTool thingy looks pretty interesting. Looks like they have a DiceTool as well at that site.

I haven't played any RPG's in a long while but count me in to give this a run through.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cool, I'm hoping for three or four players before starting the game but two should be fine.

IMO a play by post game would be better due to the time zones.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think we're going to get any other people, So make up a character and post them here.

Start with Shooting and Fighting at d6 and Guts and Throwing at d4, 5 EXP points (One advance, Page 7 in the test drive rules) to show they have training and have seen a bit of combat.

Characters will be in a Rifle Squad in 43rd Army near Panemunė, Lithuania under Lieutenant General Beloborodov during the Baltic Operation around December 20th, 1944.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thats fine with me, I've got a lot of stuff going on in real life so I don't think I'll be able to start the game untill after the new year.