Any good storage methods for CH panel map packs?

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pages of different hexsize discussion, but not a word about one of Duh Ratt's scenarios being played...

Meanwhile, over in the AAR section of the forum, of the 100 most recent AARs of ASL games, only one is a CH product - that was published in 1999.
Yeah, high quality stuff...

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Figured it out..didn't think I had posting privileges. 12x18 panel vs HOTHEX 22x34 version.
Thanks
Are there any scenarios to go with this?
(I won't ask if they were playtested, or if they even work)

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
One 1 mapper, and IIRC 5 others that include this map and 1 to 3 others.since the outer perimeter sides of each of the panel are designed to mate with other Geomorphs, There are several hundred dyo configurations you can create with this set. With several of the sets in the different ASL purview offered, you can çreste quite a few hundred CW, GW, WW2, and 1970's middle east battlefields.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One 1 mapper, and IIRC 5 others that include this map and 1 to 3 others.since the outer perimeter sides of each of the panel are designed to mate with other Geomorphs, There are several hundred dyo configurations you can create with this set. With several of the sets in the different ASL purview offered, you can çreste quite a few hundred CW, GW, WW2, and 1970's middle east battlefields.
Has (giggle) errata been published?
Your scenarios have more holes than Swiss cheese

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Errata free. Though some are more challenging than others. In Scenario. 2 On Rollbahn 4, the German player has to go right down the center of the American line to deliver a path for Peiper's follow-up column. Creating a breakthrough for armor with straight leg infantry is always tough.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Errata free. Though some are more challenging than others. In Scenario. 2 On Rollbahn 4, the German player has to go right down the center of the American line to deliver a path for Peiper's follow-up column. Creating a breakthrough for armor with straight leg infantry is always tough.
You are claiming that you actually playtested something you published?

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
I'm neither the publisher nor a playtester, though I sometimes notice errors here and there and bring them to Tapio's attention. I have been personally responsible for second editions of 4 scenarios and one map panel over the years.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm neither the publisher nor a playtester, though I sometimes notice errors here and there and bring them to Tapio's attention. I have been personally responsible for second editions of 4 scenarios and one map panel over the years.
Duh Ratt knows two types of people...
Those he has backstabbed...
and...
Those he is about to backstab...
So, I'm wondering...
which are you?
or are you both?

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm neither the publisher nor a playtester, though I sometimes notice errors here and there and bring them to Tapio's attention. .
Noticing errors in Critical Hit's products is like noticing sand at the beach.
Or, to put it another way...
Noticing errors in Critical Hit's products is like noticing trash in a landfill.

Last edited:

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Don't know. I'm VASL illiterate. Manual gaming only from Panzerblitz through today.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
37.5 feet? Oh my! To much for me. That is just crazy...
hah.. never mind Larry... he's old school man. Instead of using old LP's for sorting out his dope.. he's using these blown up maps. I have a nice nice game room.. but not that big. I'd have to knock a wall out to make 37 feet of map fit in the game room and I'd have to kiss the spousal unit goodbye.. or more likely with her temperment.. the only thing hitting the pavement quicker than my cute little ass will be all the ASL gear.

using the normal sized maps it was roughly 15 feet across and a couple feet wide. Highly impressive nonetheless. It was a ASL playing spectacle only rivaled by the Berlin CG for shear kickassery

Omaha combined.jpg

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don't know. I'm VASL illiterate. Manual gaming only from Panzerblitz through today.
I don't VASL either. What I'm referring to is the quality of the building images in particular. Do the buildings seem pixelated or jagged or fuzzy, as compared to MMP (or BFP) boards, for example?

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
My photo file size is too large to post an example, but the diagonally oriented buildings no longer seem to pixilate. Here's a screenshot from Facebook. Screenshot_2018-12-08-06-12-19.png

Last edited:

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I haven't bought or obviously tried any of the larger hex maps yet, but suppose I will at some point. I could really see those coming in handy with high density counter games.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
For reference could post a pic with a normal counter in that map and one with the 1x1 counter next to it? Trying to wrap my head around it all...