Any good storage methods for CH panel map packs?

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Title says it all. The panel map packs are much larger than standard 8.5"x 11" ASL packs and wondering how folks store them. Right now I have to cut the ends off two page protectors and packing tape them back together into one large sleeve so I can put it in a binder. I friend of mine uses magazine box holders and just leaves them in the zippies but I don't like it as its difficult to see what packs are in each box. As the chicken says, we have to get organized. Any thoughts welcome!

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I use artist carry case. A2 size I think. You can have the panel open. Easy to store and good for on the move

Last edited:

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
I use a sterilite 3 drawer cabinet and store the maps flat in their shipping ziplocks. Scenarios and Walkarounds are stored in 3 ring binders in sheet protectors. Top drawer of cabinet for GW and CW ATS, middle drawer for WW2 ATS, bottom drawer for Uber and Monster scale maps.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Obviously you don't have a significant supply of them yet. In the main they appeal to HASL players.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Obviously you don't have a significant supply of them yet. In the main they appeal to HASL players.
Nobody plays this garbage.
Yeah, people buy it, look at it, but nobody plays it.
This trash does not work.
It isn't designed to be played.
It's designed to be sold, and then playtested by the suckers who bought it.
Nuthin' but a wayyyy overgloried playtest kit...
WITH a snazzy zip lock bag...
the snazzy zip lock bag being the, by far, highest quality item in said aforementioned overglorified playtest kit.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
CH is around because ASL is still being played and CH is the oldest, most respected third party publisher. It is not respected because of the quality of its work. since it presents an equal number of diamonds and duds. It is respected because it prevailed in court against Monarch/Avalon, getting the court ruling that made it LEGAL to publish and sell professionally printed materials for use with the ASLRB. Without that case, If ASL were even around today, there would be only one publisher of ASL materials, MMP through the Hasbro Toy company.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
CH is around because ASL is still being played and CH is the oldest, most respected third party publisher.
That is the most silliest thing I have heard here on GS in many years. It's also simply not true.

1) CH is around because of "completest" folk who spend their money on CH stuff because they can't control their addictions.
2) The most respected third party publisher hands down is Bounding Fire Productions followed by LFT and then Lone Canuck Productions.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Actually the oldest Third Party Publisher was On All Fronts, I can't recall off the top of my head if CH or TOT came out next, they were both very close. It was really only a matter of time, AH was tanking and sooner or later it would have happened.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
On All Fronts was a tpp, but amateur. Fortunately they sold the rights to all the materials they published to CH, did several other fanzines, which brings their work back into print from time to time.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I do wonder whatever happened to the editor, OAF was the first TPP for SL and ASL, they had s lot of “firsts”.

Sometimes CH got it right, but the turn offs are constant regurgitated products and insanely high prices.

I know I have more CH then the average Joe, I have a horde of the counters, tons of the maps and scenarios, my guess is I spent $1.5-2 grand on CH stuff over the years. But when the 3rd editons rolled around I got the wiser and said no more nonsense with my wallet.