Any CMBB Players among you?

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just curious if there are any CMBB/CMAK players out there among you SP regulars? Preferably CMBB players. ;)

junk2drive

Reaction score
If you count the last few years, I'm more of a CM player than a SP player.

I burned out on CM and tried getting into SP again. Enjoyed your tourney but otherwise just so so.

Currently playing JTCS and TSCS with Vietnam mod. One PBEM of CMAK, a France 1940 battle playtest.

Artur

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
I played CMBB for quite a time including a few PBEM at the Band of Brothers club. CM has the best engine, but there are some very annoying features of CMBB.
-German armor is over/Russian armor is under modeled. This is quite a deal breaker
-Very little maps 3X3 km
-no chance to reload units during the battle
-the way operations work is very odd to me.
-CMSF was a real disappointment for me --> there is no modern stuff in CM

The sad thing is that with a little, maybe very little coding work BF could make perfect games of CMBB and CMAK but they don't really care about it.

Artur.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
-German armor is over/Russian armor is under modeled. This is quite a deal breaker
-Very little maps 3X3 km
If used in a Combat Campaign could it be balanced out by adjusting points for the Soviets or limiting armor for the Germans? Or by including the other Axis forces on the German team? The maps should be OK for small unit actions (company+).
-CMSF was a real disappointment for me --> there is no modern stuff in CM
Me too so far. If they can get it patched up nicely it may be worth spending more time playing with. I'm sure there are some meta campaigns being planned out there already.
The sad thing is that with a little, maybe very little coding work BF could make perfect games of CMBB and CMAK but they don't really care about it.
I would have loved to see them patch CMBO and CMBB to the same level as CMAK. CMAK seemed the best of all 3.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you count the last few years, I'm more of a CM player than a SP player.

I burned out on CM and tried getting into SP again. Enjoyed your tourney but otherwise just so so.
I burned out on CM long ago and got back in SP regularly once WinSPMBT came out. I'm looking at getting back into CM to mix up my SP time and keep from burning out on either.

The reason I posted in this section was I am seriously considering doing a "very small" CMBB/CMAK Combat Campaign hopefully with some of the SP/CM players here in this forum. I would also like to do another very small WinSPMBT Campaign using the same OP Map in the latest MOCAT I had John set up for me.

dita

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I`ve got the first three combat mission games, and tried the demo of CMSF. Its a series of games I`ve never really "got" into. They are still all installed and I dip my toe in occasionally. I`ve always fancied trying a internet game (no online play with Winsp)

Would love the opportunity to try them on on PBEM/combat campaign game.