Any chance a 3rd Ed. ASLRB will be published?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Even with an eASLRB, I'm not sure there would be higher frequency of official errata. The current pace is not tied to the rules being in a paper format.
I didn't imply that.
I only suggested that, when errata are published, there could be a way to integrate them in the eASLRB - like when you have an update for an app.
I would be ready to pay a modest subscription for that feature.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I didn't imply that.
I only suggested that, when errata are published, there could be a way to integrate them in the eASLRB - like when you have an update for an app.
I would be ready to pay a modest subscription for that feature.
That can be done, I'm halfwaybthrough adding the latest Perry Sex, and I think when an official easlrb comes out, it will be done.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hey your spelling bot makes you write funny things about Perry ! :D

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Perhaps MMP can develop an ASL-friendly spell checker for smart phones and the like. I know I'd buy one for certain persons whose names shall go unnamed.

JR

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I see it as perfectly reasonable for any new editions of the rulebook to contain just the core rules not entirely different from what the 2nd ed pocket rules is now. Then the HASL rules to come separately in later prints of these HASLs or downloadable updates, as need dictates.
Being honest Jack I would see that as a missed opportunity, far better, (in my opinion anyway, and it's just that) to publish it all together in a new edition of the rulebook

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I'd been hoping for an eASLRB for years -- until I got ahold of the Pocket Edition RB. It fits the bill perfectly for me, so no interest in the eVersion any longer. Now, if only we could get a Pocket Edition Chapter H (Perry?).

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hoped for an eASLRB over 20 years ago. Got tired of waiting and made my own. Started with WinHelp and moved on to html. Not a SW programmer, but taught myself enough of html to get by. Below is the screenshot of my current version's TOC, with pretty much everything ASL I have purchased included. Not looking for bells and whistles at this point, will just continue to add as I purchase actual product. I think an eASLRB would be great for many people and useless for just as many. With me doing so much of my gaming on VASL these days it is very useful. Not sure how much I would use it if I was playing ftf all the time. I am very interested in seeing/hearing about the official product when it comes out.

1532052106381.png

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hoped for an eASLRB over 20 years ago. Got tired of waiting and made my own. Started with WinHelp and moved on to html. Not a SW programmer, but taught myself enough of html to get by. Below is the screenshot of my current version's TOC, with pretty much everything ASL I have purchased included. Not looking for bells and whistles at this point, will just continue to add as I purchase actual product. I think an eASLRB would be great for many people and useless for just as many. With me doing so much of my gaming on VASL these days it is very useful. Not sure how much I would use it if I was playing ftf all the time. I am very interested in seeing/hearing about the official product when it comes out.

View attachment 5163
Need to add MTB rules from Saint-Nazaire 1942, operation Chariot to the Le Franc Tireur

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Need to add MTB rules from Saint-Nazaire 1942, operation Chariot to the Le Franc Tireur
O don't think they will ever need to be part of the core system. They were created for a very specific set if circumstances where motor launches were deliberately going into harms way. Generally, ships or launches woukd be used for support but very seldom woukd the crews risk thrir vessels to direct fire.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
O don't think they will ever need to be part of the core system. They were created for a very specific set if circumstances where motor launches were deliberately going into harms way. Generally, ships or launches woukd be used for support but very seldom woukd the crews risk thrir vessels to direct fire.
Riverine warfare did not have as prominent a place in WW2 as it did in Vietnam, however, it did occur. This was especially true in the far east although there were instances of it in other theaters.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Apart from Baltic, White and Black Sea amphibious operations the Soviets did use riverine forces. If my memory is working they brought their Danube(?) flotilla overland and used them in their Berlin operation. Dublin is a sea port and is served by a pair of canals as well as three rivers, but Berlin easily surpassed that in terms of rivers, canals and bridges that I had to cross during my sole visit.

However I concur with the view that only MMP official rules/supplements should be included in an MMP publication. If MMP were to adopt the LFT MTB rules as canon, then that would be an entirely different matter.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Generally riverine craft and ships should be treated the same way as aircraft are and abstracted to one. Just my opinion.
I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that. Aircraft either hover far above the battle awaiting the call or are in "Wham, Bamb, Thank You Mam" and are gone quicker than Trump from a Stormy session. Water craft on the other hand have the approximately same speed as vehicles and linger and are subject to similar fire attacks. In addition they can have a variety of different weapons far larger than most aircraft. I think of them as being closer to water limited multi turreted tanks/vehicles than aircraft.

When, like many armoured trains, they only provide distant artillery support, then treating them as OBA in ASL is sufficient, I will grant you that. But in direct fire situations, I feel they deserve more detailed treatment.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You stumbled on the best thing about your own eASLRB. You only "need" what you want, not what someone else wants. You also get to set it up in the way you want. In my case, if I buy the product, it will get into my rulebook, when I have the time to get it in.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Solution...MMP granting TPPs the right to do added pages numbered for insertion in the rulesbook. We see a lot more HASL from third party publisher's. And we will surely see a lot more. MMP's focus on Geoboards has made HASL a unplumbed gold mine for TTP's.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Solution...MMP granting TPPs the right to do added pages numbered for insertion in the rulesbook. We see a lot more HASL from third party publisher's. And we will surely see a lot more. MMP's focus on Geoboards has made HASL a unplumbed gold mine for TTP's.
I am sure only one TPP ("Third Party Publisher") look at me as "unplumbed" and as a "gold mine"