Any Body know an easily bought WWII boardgame

Headshot

Reaction score
I play Warhammer 40K, and several civil war boardgamesthat require you to create your own units from other companies. Are there an WWII era games that have a model system in place?

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only one i can think of is Axis and Allies.It wouldn't be like warhammer though as its strategic scale.It comes with playing pieces(plastic)that include infantry,tanks,AA,even factories.This might not be the kind of game your looking for,but figured i'd throw it out there.

Headshot

Reaction score
thanks man

yeah i went out and bought axis and allies, its good stuff. I couldnt stand paying GW prices any more. Thanks

Reaction score
I don't know any specific game systems, but I do know of some people who play WW2 miniatures games. There are individual little cast metal vehicles and men and such, that get painted and moved around on an indiviually created 3-D terrain. There must be something around on the net about this hobby.

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played that kind of game,buying minitaures and terrain systems plus paint.It gets very expensive.Just a starter terrain set alone can cost around 200.00 dollars,add in the price of paint,armies,stands,and all the other small stuff your looking at about an initial investment of 500.00 bucks just to get off the ground.

Headshot

Reaction score
yeah unfortunitely a single squad of unpainted pewter cast SS (9 men) can get you for the ridiculous price of $35, oh throw in a $85 rulebook and u have pewter nothing with no stands, and an empty wallet

Fishotter

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
I think Navwar (http://www.navwar.freeserve.co.uk/) has reasonable prices, that and a huge selection of WW2 miniatures. Since at 1/300 it's a very small scale individual tanks and platoons don't cost a fortune, painting is easier and good sized battles can be played on relatively small space. I don't know how good the cast is, I collect only WW1 aircraft from them. These need some sanding and drilling, but they turned out just fine for me...

Headshot

Reaction score
yeah those are pretty good prices, and the models are built really well for the scale. I think ill buy some limeys, thanks