The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Wik said:
Whoever spoke to you is a dork for not providing manual uninstall directions, there used to be those, and a program called RNAV that would take everything off (then again it's been years since I've seen their retail product...)
That is not the problem : one cannot uninstall a program from a crashed Hard disk!

Wik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin said:
That is not the problem : one cannot uninstall a program from a crashed Hard disk!
If this was one of several disks, you'd have to remove the bits leftover on the system.

To uninstall a program from the only HD in the system, you'd of course have to install it first, then uninstall. In this case it might mean digging up your 2001 CD and re-upgrading it to 2004.

If the problem did not lie within the software and they were demanding you uninstall it then either their licensing has gotten a lot stranger or the person helping you was a dork, as I said before.

- Chad

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Well, I decided they didn't help me enough for what I am paying them for : there is no more phone hotline for the 2004 version ! I had to email them...

But thanks fot the input, nevertheless...