Another WTF...

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Mark,

I know you love realism, and all, and that you just had to have the Great Lakes in that little splotch of land that constitutes North America, but WTF?!?!? Look at the attached file. My reconstituting American Fleet just popped up in the middle of Lake Ohwhatthephuck! And it's stuck there for the rest of the game. Grrr...:mad:

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
*******it, I thought that fleets couldn't operate in shallow water. I'm sure the damn thing's not set to reconstiitute there. I suppose that the Great Lakes are going to have to be a great, black blob.

Pelle, enjoying some incredibly long holiday, has spotted a few more minor oddities, I'll post a corrected 3.4 (b) soon once I think he's stopped...

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
JAMiAM said:
Mark,

I know you love realism, and all, and that you just had to have the Great Lakes in that little splotch of land that constitutes North America, but WTF?!?!? Look at the attached file. My reconstituting American Fleet just popped up in the middle of Lake Ohwhatthephuck! And it's stuck there for the rest of the game. Grrr...:mad:
well we can imagine the admiral in charge of the fleet decided it was a safer place than the one you decided to use last time :laugh:

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
And it'll prevent the pro-Axis salmon and sealions from gaining a foot(fin?)hold.

Also, where's this strange idea that I '...love realism...' originated? Clearly not following a close study of the scenario. :rolleyes:

Foggy

Reaction score
After getting my you know what handed to me in another scen - I would LOVE to know what misfortune happened?:cheeky:

Panzerpelle

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Mark Stevens said:
*******it, I thought that fleets couldn't operate in shallow water. I'm sure the damn thing's not set to reconstiitute there. I suppose that the Great Lakes are going to have to be a great, black blob.

Pelle, enjoying some incredibly long holiday, has spotted a few more minor oddities, I'll post a corrected 3.4 (b) soon once I think he's stopped...
I suggest you use a new letter, like c...Me and JAm are playing version bbb now....and yes it is a lovley holiday...until august...

Last edited:

Panzerpelle

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Foggy said:
After getting my you know what handed to me in another scen - I would LOVE to know what misfortune happened?:cheeky:
ask about Gibraltar and Malta...:smoke:

Felix

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Mark Stevens said:
You could just make it deep water, and put a couple of anchorage hexes along the St Laurence so any cockups like this can sail out. I can't see why anyone would abuse this and hide their fleet in there. The Axis can't reach that far can they?

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
For f*ck's sake! I'm majorly pissed off now!%#@*^!

It's now a few turns later, and I just received the fleet in the reinforcements again! I didn't realize that it had disappeared (I suspect some engine check found it in a space it *shouldn't* be in and evaporated it). The shitty thing is, that the losses do not go back into the on hand pool - they are lost instead! Now, since this is all happening around turns 101-104, the few battleships that I get as replacement are getting sucked into this stupid, freaking unit that is evaporating the turn after it arrives, taking all of my ships in it to the bottom of Lake Betaficksetforgocoronary!!!

Panzerpelle

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
:surprise: Thats really a S*H*I*T*T*Y Thing to happen. It doenst feel good on the other side nowing this...

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
I suppose it could be worse. It could be Destroyers on the first line of equipment, and drain them off, so that even more of my units would never reconstitute, if you kill them again.

Don't worry too much, Pelle. When you finally get around to attacking the USSR, I'll pay you back in spades...:devious:

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Yeah I was going to mention this oddity - I've had games where that bleeding fleet reconstitutes 3-4 times over the course of the game only to disappear once more.

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
Felix said:
You could just make it deep water, and put a couple of anchorage hexes along the St Laurence so any cockups like this can sail out. I can't see why anyone would abuse this and hide their fleet in there. The Axis can't reach that far can they?
I think this is safest: although I don't understand why the fleet should reconstitute there in the first place. It's not the nearest deep water hex to its scheduled reconstitution point, hell, it isn't even a deep water hex where fleets can operate.

Evidently the U-boat menace is worse than imagined.

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
JAMIAM,

Love your signature.... When I saw that on TV, I just about cracked up...then I realized nobody around him had even changed their facial expressions.
I seriously would have gotten up and walked out of that question period 'less a fart escapes whilst I'm laughing my guts out!!!!!

In the US, did anything ever come out of that comment???

Perhaps some caricatures of him?!

Felix

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Bdr.Mallette said:
JAMIAM,

Love your signature.... When I saw that on TV, I just about cracked up...then I realized nobody around him had even changed their facial expressions.
I seriously would have gotten up and walked out of that question period 'less a fart escapes whilst I'm laughing my guts out!!!!!

In the US, did anything ever come out of that comment???

Perhaps some caricatures of him?!
I'm gobsmacked. I thought Jam was just taking the piss, it was a comedy quote or something.

That the Attorney General of the USA said that......... I thought our politicians were idiots, seems they have some strong competition.

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Gentlemen, as much as I'd like to run with this conversational twist, and discuss the implications of stupidity in our respective governments, I would still argue against it. We need to keep the game sub-forums discussing strictly gaming issues, and not our political ideals - despite the intrusion posed by our various signatures. Thanks for your cooperation.:)