Another Update

bill44

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well I finally have the time to post an update on last weeks battle, and what a battle it was.
I decided that the time had come for the decisive battle, so I marshalled all my ships at hand (16) and spread them out in 3 colums, 4 each on each flank and and 8 in the centre, with a lone CL as scout further ahead.
Firing began at 04:58 under dark rainy skies, I faced a line of 13 heavies of mixed classes, 7 in all, the oldest, Bellerophon, the newest, Royal Oak, further back were another 8, who would play a part in the battle and be blooded.

The British line charged straight at me at 19 knots my 3 colums hampered my gunnery as did the appalling weather conditions, the British began hitting me. At one point I turned my fleet to starboard to keep myself broadside to the enemy, I was firing at the first 3 British ships, having split my fire amongst the 3 groups of ships I had.

By 5:06 I achieved my first kill Benbow, but by this time Oldenburg had been knocked around with steering damage, and one of her 30cm and 15cm turrets destroyed, Ostfriesland was hit and had her steering damaged as well, Kronprinz was also hit by a 13.5 inch shell.

I had a crisis of confidence, and turned my fleet SSW, knowing that I could out pace them at 21 knots, however the rear on my line started to take a pounding.

The British came after me, reversing their line in the process, I picked targets at will, I wanted to sink Iron Duke I knew this would be a morale blow to the British as they had lost Dreadnought just months earlier, as I hit her Oldenburg took damage.

Last edited:

bill44

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Part II
The British kept pursuing me, and hitting me, I gave back as good as I was getting, Orion blew up.
I regretted my earlier decision to run, so I turned to port and headed NNW, again endevoring to keeep broadside to the British, they turned and came at me again head on.

Thunderer exploded and sank by the stern in half a minute, Then 5 minutes later Iron Duke exploded under a hail of shells.
Canada was battered in to wreck and later sank, but by this time my force, had only 3 BB's that had not been touched, though, I was still able to make 20 knots.
The next British ship to fall to my guns was Emporer of India.

bill44

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Part III

My success continued, Colossus exploded in a sheet of flame, not one of her crew surviving, followed 8 minutes later by Erin, Centurion was smashed in to a wreck, Royal Oak like wise, by now it appeared the British had had enough, and fled.

Last edited:

bill44

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Part IV
My last victim was Ajax, in all I sank 11 BB's, for moderate damage to my fleet with no losses.
Though a great victory, my fleet will be in the yards for months.