another question RE: scenario card quality

Bruce Childs

Reaction score
I am almost happy enough with a pack of scenarios I have been working on for the past 2+ years to publish them. I have access to a new printer/copier and these cards, being in full color, look fantastic. However, the quality of the paper is now causing me to wonder if I should be looking at black and white on card stock. For me, the letter quality paper is fine, especially when looking at color, but from reading what others have posted regarding card stock quality scenarios, I was wondering what you thought. The expense of color on card stock would cause the price to be higher than I figure most would pay.

Here's my question: would you prefer to have color scenarios on letter quality paper (20#) or B&W on heavier card stock?

thanks
BC

ON TOP ASL

Play J94, J98, J110, J111
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Here's my question: would you prefer to have color scenarios on letter quality paper (20#) or B&W on heavier card stock?
I would prefer free downloadable PDF's :lol: Then I could print them as I would like - even sculpture them in stone :lol:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why not use a better quality card stock, such as vellum, so the color will stand out. You would then have the best of both worlds, the durability of card stock and the color.

I print downloadable cheat cards and print on card stock with the vellum finish. The card is not as porous allowing a crisp print. Mark's cheat sheets on vellum look great especially with the color background boxes!

Darkman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cardstock!

I've tried putting scenario's on paper, and they work well for a VERY short time. But they didn't hold up at all for long term use/storage. It would make a difference to me if a scenario pack was printed on paper vs. cardstock.

I know, the cost increase stinks. But, buying the paper scenarios then seing them tear/breakdown would make the cheaper purchase price become an expensive waste of money.

Bruce Childs

Reaction score
scenario cards

Thanks to those who have replied to this question. You have been very helpful indeed.

I plan to do them on card stock (duh..) in color. I have a brother who works at an offset printer and may be able to do the printing at a reduced cost.

Ill let you know when and where these will be available as soon as they are done! 8)

cheers
Bruce