Another one gone

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
On Friday i have received the sad news that ASL player and long time GRENADIER participant, Uwe Besch, has passed away.
Let´s keep him in our memories. He will be not forgotten !

Ruhe in Frieden, Uwe.

Last edited:

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is sad news. My condolences to his family.

Ken Hampel

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So sorry to hear this news. Several years back I had the pleasure of playing Uwe at his home in Berlin - I was in the city for business. A very nice man. Sad loss.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ach! I have met Uwe Besch many times at GRENADIER. He was a very fine and gentle fellow, calm, nice, and a pleasure to talk to. He took his time playing friendly games and introduced novice players. He also used to be among those that stayed up late after the playing was done to socialize. I felt that he was missing this last November and had heard that he was unwell but still it now strikes me, that he has passed away.

Ruhe in Frieden!

von Marwitz

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a loss. Uwe was a gentle human being with immense patience and kindness. He will be missed.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
So sad news.. he visited me several times in Compiègne since by that time, LFT was going to resume Kohima and Uwe had been involved in this project from the very start. A great guy, a great player and a great friend. Condolences to his family. Rest in peace Uwe.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
On Friday i have received the sad news that ASL player and long time GRENADIER participant, Uwe Besch, has passed away.
Let´s keep him in our memories. He will be not forgotten !

Ruhe in Frieden, Uwe.
Sorry to hear this