Another great example of how Turbine's censoring on the LOTRO forum works

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another one down. This time about the concerns about server line problems, namely rollbacks. A very serious problem, IMHO. Sapiece is a real party man. Reminds me of old Soviet henchmen. The new moderators kids don't do anything yet. Patience just left Turbine.
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?380318-Any-server-upgrades-coming-soon

Closing the above thread might not look like much to the casual observer, but it becomes significant when you take Turbine's censoring method into account:

From now on it is technically illegal to discuss the problems with server lines and rollbacks. Because if you were to open a thread about it you would re-open a closed thread which is punished with infractions. The policy that any 10 infractions (with no expiration) gets you permanently banned is also still in effect.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now why would they even bother to close that thread, it had clearly run it's course?
It seems to be SOP to close any thread that leans at all to "anti-anything" LotRO.

Where's the info that Patience left, was there any info on why?

Also, is it posted someplace about re-mentioning closed threads etc?

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now why would they even bother to close that thread, it had clearly run it's course?
It seems to be SOP to close any thread that leans at all to "anti-anything" LotRO.

Where's the info that Patience left, was there any info on why?
Just a couple farewell thread by fans who liked her moderation style.

(... better that Sapience's?)

Also, is it posted someplace about re-mentioning closed threads etc?
It's in the basic forum rules.
http://www.lotro.com/community/700-communityguidelines
Section 14

And I got several infractions for this when I posted threads that had a topic similar to threads that were closed due to fighting unrelated to the topic.

Posting that last sentence on their forums would get me another infraction.

http://www.lotro.com/community/700-communityguidelines
Section 17

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All discussions about Turbine's policies on dealing with breakins.

Closed after 18 pages for no reason other than "we will have an announcement ... well - sometime but let's close off discussions anyway"
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?374089-Petition-to-Turbine-Please-Revise-Hacked-Account-Policy/page18

This one is closed after a whooping 3 off-topic posts within a couple hours, after 4 pages of useful discussion
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?375587-In-Game-Support-Reimbursement-Policy-Update&p=5233317#post5233317

Re-opening anything on the topic of reimbursement and character restore is now subject to disciplinary action since it would mean re-opening a closed topic. Never mind the closing didn't have anything to do with the topic.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many times do we need to point out- don't go to the Official Forums except to look up something "nice"!!
We already know the "offical line" on those issues (as bad as it is) and they are ruining your day & enjoyment of the game.

:p

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many times do we need to point out- don't go to the Official Forums except to look up something "nice"!!
We already know the "offical line" on those issues (as bad as it is) and they are ruining your day & enjoyment of the game.

:p
But I can't log into the actual game while my code is compiling :(

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With no inside idea on this:
In a beta they must surely be asking for comments based just on the "new" stuff, maybe some players have been going out of the box and making broad general negative posts about Turbine? I'd try and keep the comments there strictly focused on the task at hand.

But being Turbine someone might have just touched on a "banned issue" or made the wrong negative comment = end of thread.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I love how this game has all sort of topics which are off-limits on the official forums. WTF is that all about?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's the: "if you rock our perfectly balanced boat we'll throw you overboard" philosophy.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here we go again.

All that "Gestapo" Sapience has to do to close threads that (appropriately) bash the anniversary festival is for one person (out of dozens) to make one unkind remark, he can close the thread and from then on everybody is forbidden to open a thread about the topic of the festival being misdesigned.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?391670-Thoughts-on-the-Anniversary-Event/page69

I don't know how I could be so stupid to ever jump on this game.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You jumped into LotRO just like I did because: it was an A+ game with A+ graphics & A+ storyline (with NO store) .

We're now dissatisfied (like the masses it now seems) because the new WB management has decided to try and make it a "A+" Store first ("buy it don't earn it") and game play a distance second.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If they had some good answers / plans and were responding to players concerns properly they wouldn't have such problems or have to cover their butts so much.

Sapience has just been steamrolled into defending the WB company line on what’s happening; he certainly wasn't like this "before."
I supposed it's a case of, "do you want to keep your job here or not..."

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If they had some good answers / plans and were responding to players concerns properly they wouldn't have such problems or have to cover their butts so much.

Sapience has just been steamrolled into defending the WB company line on what’s happening; he certainly wasn't like this "before."
I supposed it's a case of, "do you want to keep your job here or not..."
Which Patience probably answered with "not this job".

I also wonder why all these new mods they introduced to the forum community some months back do absolutely nothing.

Ganzor

Reaction score
I just noticed when I went to unlike LOTRO on facebook... they had already done it for me. I guess the last time I made a nasty comment about the store then kicked me off. :)

I briefly liked LOTRO again to post a parting comment, but I no longer have the ability to post on the LOTRO wall. NO DISSENT ALLOWED!

Ganzor

Reaction score
They deleted the entire post where a turbine said the famous "convenience not advantage" line after somebody linked to it in regards to the store only relics. Whitewash it all away is apparently the directive these days.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They deleted the entire post where a turbine said the famous "convenience not advantage" line after somebody linked to it in regards to the store only relics. Whitewash it all away is apparently the directive these days.
They still have interviews up where Kate Paiz makes the same statement. Might be worth linking to as your last forum action :D