Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Well, read chapter H, in that case, and stop stating that you can do without it. You would not play without reading and applying the other chapters of the rulebook... or would you?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You could buy into ASL by getting BV and the pocket RB then you would not have the vehicle notes. This is a stretch however.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The problem is those modules that are completely out of print. There are many who would like to use nationalities that are no longer being made and may not be released for decades. I have been lucky and have found everything but AoO for prices that, although high, are not obscene. I think there is nothing wrong with working around that lack. Others seem to somehow believe it is robbing MMP in some way. Or perhaps they feel it will somehow devalue the copies of AoO The are trying to sell for $400 bucks.

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Bob, I hear you and have a lot of sympathy for players who are finding it difficult to source a reasonably priced copy of AoO.

I do think the $57 for some poor quality vehicle counters would be better saved. Reasonably priced copies of AoO come up from time to time on BGG and ebay.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bob, I hear you and have a lot of sympathy for players who are finding it difficult to source a reasonably priced copy of AoO.

I do think the $57 for some poor quality vehicle counters would be better saved. Reasonably priced copies of AoO come up from time to time on BGG and ebay.
Nah, I wouldn't buy that junk. I pre ordered Footsteps' Axis Minors, Hungarians, and Partisans. I had already pre ordered CH's Romanians when Footsteps announced his counters. Prior to that I was able to buy the Hungarian AFV countersheet from FB on eBay. Note this will not prevent me from buying a reasonablely priced copy of AoO if I see it.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am predicting that these counters will sell for at least $500.00. It is sad there are people out there that will take advantage of the collector / hoarder mentality when it comes to stuff like this.
They'll only net that much if Ch sells them in a snazzy ziploc bag........

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Purple Germans. Even for a pirate TPP that's inexcusable.
Oh ye of little faith... The ponderous purple panzies of Peiper's passionate penetration into the primeval forests of Belgium would quarrel with you over such a wondrous hue in the counters of German AFVs....

:D

They give a new life to the meaning of "Purple Haze" in the KGP mist.

:D:D

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Oh ye of little faith... The ponderous purple panzies of Peiper's passionate penetration into the primeval forests of Belgium would quarrel with you over such a wondrous hue in the counters of German AFVs....

:D

They give a new life to the meaning of "Purple Haze" in the KGP mist.

:D:D
How many times do I need to tell you....they are LILAC.

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Didn't MMP mention something about eventually printing sets of "official" rare vehicles counters? I am very skeptical about buying third party stuff just for the fact that in most cases their counters don't match the official ones. Makes my map boards look messy!

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yes years ago but they were going to be rare and used not paper Panzers like this set in parts .

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I looked at a post or thread here that mentioned a rare vehicles module. I'll wait for MMP to get her done at least until I'm 80. After that no guarantees!

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Long wait as the guy that was doing a lot of the work on it got hounded out by the usual miscreant on here and gave up on ASL!