Announcement: Product rating system coming soon

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
As part of the ongoing forum upgrade and reorganization, I'll be tweaking the ASL forums either later today or tomorrow.

The Product Announcements forum will be going away. It sees almost no use and just further complicates the forums.

There will be a new forum which, hopefully, some of you will find useful. It will be a specialized forum with a built-in review system. There members will be able to review and rate ASL products, and readers will be able to leave comments on the reviews and further discuss the product.

I am also continuing to tweak the colors of the forum themes in an effort to make them as readable as possible on mobile devices. Bear in mind I didn't design these themes, so it's taking me a bit to hunt down the correct code for things like the sticky threads (those should be a bit more obvious). As usual, I will ensure there are a couple different color choices available, so members can choose the theme which works best for them.

The list of sub-forums in the ASL section has also grown long over the years, and so I'm going to try to format that a little better so it doesn't require so much scrolling to get to the new threads.

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
While there are a few tweaks that might be needed, I'm pretty happy with the progress so far. A few days ago I was torn between your Aqua and Green. The Green darkened, becoming more to my taste and just now I discovered Desert, which while belying its name, is the perfect green for me.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
There will be a new forum which, hopefully, some of you will find useful. It will be a specialized forum with a built-in review system. There members will be able to review and rate ASL products, and readers will be able to leave comments on the reviews and further discuss the product.
This will be great if there is the ability to upload images of the products.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
As part of the ongoing forum upgrade and reorganization, I'll be tweaking the ASL forums either later today or tomorrow.

The Product Announcements forum will be going away. It sees almost no use and just further complicates the forums.

I am also continuing to tweak the colors of the forum themes in an effort to make them as readable as possible on mobile devices. Bear in mind I didn't design these themes, so it's taking me a bit to hunt down the correct code for things like the sticky threads (those should be a bit more obvious). As usual, I will ensure there are a couple different color choices available, so members can choose the theme which works best for them.

The list of sub-forums in the ASL section has also grown long over the years, and so I'm going to try to format that a little better so it doesn't require so much scrolling to get to the new threads.
Might I suggest adding a theme that is very low contrast and text only (no Avator, no GameSquad logo, no User Loaded Graphics) to make it less glaring when left opened at work.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Apologies. I had been hoping to get all these changes completed today, but real life intervened and I just couldn't get to it.

I will be out of town for a few days, then I'm going into surgery on the 21st. Not sure how difficult the recovery is going to be, but there's a chance I could be out of action for the next couple of weeks.

I will resume the forum update as soon as I am able.

Last edited:

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Apologies. I had been hoping to get all these changes completed today, but real life intervened and I just couldn't get to it.

I will be out of town for a few days, then I'm going into surgery on the 21st. Not sure how difficult the recovery is going to be, but there's a chance I could be out of action for the next couple of weeks.

I will resume the forum update as soon as I am able.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Don!

Do what the doctors tell you.

Mark

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
I use an app called Flux which reduces the blue, since screens put out a lot of that & it is bad for melatonin production.
Inverted colors (dark background, light lettering) are great when they work. I have my computer set to make standard backgrounds a bit grey, but the trend towards grey letters instead of black can reduce the contrast too much.

Can you do anything about the awful reduction in font size for quoted material? I have my browser sizes set to enlarge the standard font so I can read it, but the stupid scaling to smaller fonts sucks.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Don!

Do what the doctors tell you.
Thanks. I’m pretty sore at the moment, but at least I’m able to think straight at the moment. Yesterday I was pretty groggy all day, and was still a bit dizzy even this morning. Whatever they used to put me under is powerful stuff.

I’m supposed to stay in bed for the first three days, which kind of sucks as my office is upstairs and the doc doesn’t want me going up and down stairs. I can use my iPad to check the forum, however, I need my computer in order to resume th forum updates. So it may be a couple more days before I can get anything done.