Ann Coulter......How 9/11 Happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From her new book, "How to Talk to a Liberal" (If you must)....Ann Coulter has expressed so many feelings that run parallel to mine, I found it uncanny.

Want to make liberals angry? Defend the United States. For reasons I cannot understand, I am often asked if I still think we should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity. The answer is: Now more than ever!!

We dont need a "commission" to find out how 9/11 happened. The truth is in the time line:

President Jimmy Carter, Democrat

In 1979, Pres. Carter allowed the Shah of Iran to be deposed by a mob of Islamic fanatics. A few months later, Muslims stormed the US Embassy in Iran and took American Embassy staff hostage. Carter retaliated by canceling Iranian visas. He eventually ordered a disastrous and humiliating rescue attempt, crashing helicopters in the desert.

President Reagan, Republican

The day of Reagan's inauguration, the hostages were released.
In 1982, the US Embassy in Beirut was bombed by Muslim extremists.
Pres. Reagan sent US Marines to Beirut.
On April 5, 1986, a West Berlin discotheque frequented by US servicemen was bombed by Muslim extremists from the Libyan Embassy in East Berlin, killing an American.
Ten days later, Reagan bombed Libya, despite our dear ally France refusing the use of their airspace. Americans bombed Quaddafi's residence, killing his daughter, and dropped a bomb on the French Embassy "by mistake."

You guys gotta buy this book.......... :smoke: ;)

Mark
Deo Vindice

tsar

Reaction score
last_cav1971 said:
From her new book, "How to Talk to a Liberal" (If you must)....Ann Coulter has expressed so many feelings that run parallel to mine, I found it uncanny.

Want to make liberals angry? Defend the United States. For reasons I cannot understand, I am often asked if I still think we should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity. The answer is: Now more than ever!!

We dont need a "commission" to find out how 9/11 happened. The truth is in the time line:

President Jimmy Carter, Democrat

In 1979, Pres. Carter allowed the Shah of Iran to be deposed by a mob of Islamic fanatics. A few months later, Muslims stormed the US Embassy in Iran and took American Embassy staff hostage. Carter retaliated by canceling Iranian visas. He eventually ordered a disastrous and humiliating rescue attempt, crashing helicopters in the desert.

President Reagan, Republican

The day of Reagan's inauguration, the hostages were released.
In 1982, the US Embassy in Beirut was bombed by Muslim extremists.
Pres. Reagan sent US Marines to Beirut.

Okay, but let’s not forget that the Marine barracks in Beirut was also bombed, and all he did was get out.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stage said:
I love Ann! She's the female Rush Limbaugh.
So she's hopped up on Meth all the time and hates people that are different? :surprise:

Reaction score
It isn't defending the United States that upsets liberals, it is defending actions by the United States that violates international and human norms. I am a liberal and I defend the US all the time, warts and all. However, I believe we do not take ourselves to task to either admit we were wrong, or to correct those actions.

Who are we to determine how another nation should govern itself, and what it's people should believe? Provided a foreign, sovereign nation is humane to its people and neighbors, we have no right to force them to change because we don't like or agree with their beleifs.

I am wondering what you think Carter could have done to prevent the rise of the Ayatollah and the taking of the US embassy? Further, carter is not to blame for a failed rescue mission. The military botched it big time, by creating a joint venture, and not preparing properly. I know someone who was there, and lost a close friend. It was a poorly planned and poorly led mission.

Reagan had nothing to do with the release of the hostages. They were going to be released anyway. The Iranians timed the release to after Reagan's inauguration as a slight to Carter and his administration.

Reagan sent the Marines to Beirut. He failed to properly protect them. Policy prevented the Marines from properly defending themselves.

Bombing of discos in a foreign country? We don't have jurisdiction in those countries. It is up to their law enforcement to detect and stop them, if they can. Locations where US servicemen frequented may have been targets, but so were places that weren't. None of this had to do with terrorists targeting liberals. It had to do with targeting Americans and democratic nations.

Regan's response was good. It had nothing to do with being liberal or conservative. It had to do with appropriate response. Credit goes to the Air Force not the president for successful execution.

Finally, you cannot reasonably point to whether the actions of a president, Democrat or Republican had any single or decisive impact on 9/11. 9/11 happened for one reason and one reason only: hatred of the US and everything it stands for, good or bad.

The flag and patriotism do not belong to conservatives or Republicans. They belong to all Americans and all freedom loving people everywhere. They belong to everyone who loves their country, regardless of whether they toe your line, or believe in how you believe things should be.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
last_cav1971 said:
This idea is so laughably simplistic that I will be sure to pass on anything this woman has written.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Iron Mike USMC said:
It isn't defending the United States that upsets liberals, it is defending actions by the United States that violates international and human norms. I am a liberal and I defend the US all the time, warts and all. However, I believe we do not take ourselves to task to either admit we were wrong, or to correct those actions.

Who are we to determine how another nation should govern itself, and what it's people should believe? Provided a foreign, sovereign nation is humane to its people and neighbors, we have no right to force them to change because we don't like or agree with their beleifs.

I am wondering what you think Carter could have done to prevent the rise of the Ayatollah and the taking of the US embassy? Further, carter is not to blame for a failed rescue mission. The military botched it big time, by creating a joint venture, and not preparing properly. I know someone who was there, and lost a close friend. It was a poorly planned and poorly led mission.

Reagan had nothing to do with the release of the hostages. They were going to be released anyway. The Iranians timed the release to after Reagan's inauguration as a slight to Carter and his administration.

Reagan sent the Marines to Beirut. He failed to properly protect them. Policy prevented the Marines from properly defending themselves.

Bombing of discos in a foreign country? We don't have jurisdiction in those countries. It is up to their law enforcement to detect and stop them, if they can. Locations where US servicemen frequented may have been targets, but so were places that weren't. None of this had to do with terrorists targeting liberals. It had to do with targeting Americans and democratic nations.

Regan's response was good. It had nothing to do with being liberal or conservative. It had to do with appropriate response. Credit goes to the Air Force not the president for successful execution.

Finally, you cannot reasonably point to whether the actions of a president, Democrat or Republican had any single or decisive impact on 9/11. 9/11 happened for one reason and one reason only: hatred of the US and everything it stands for, good or bad.

The flag and patriotism do not belong to conservatives or Republicans. They belong to all Americans and all freedom loving people everywhere. They belong to everyone who loves their country, regardless of whether they toe your line, or believe in how you believe things should be.

Stop Mike!!!! You're making sense!!!! NOooooooooooooooooo!

Flarvin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Iron Mike

I am glad to see some reason on this board instead of blind bashing.

Semper Fi
Flarvin

The Purist

Reaction score
"You guys gotta buy this book.......... "

I sit here in my office smiling to myself while thinking of the US today. :D

Is it just me or is America beginning to resemble a never ending episode of CNNs Crossfire. It seems everyone is shouting to be heard and no one is listening to the other.

I greatly admire the US,...but,...you (Last Cav) should not be listening to people like Ann Coulter. She is hardly a model for logical debate or a voice of reason.

The very thought makes me chuckle :laugh:

...and I am a conservative.

Reaction score
The Purist said:
I greatly admire the US,...but,...you (Last Cav) should not be listening to people like Ann Coulter. She is hardly a model for logical debate or a voice of reason.

The very thought makes me chuckle :laugh:

...and I am a conservative.
I'm glad you said it. If I did I would probably be lambasted. I have heard enough conservatives cringe at the mention of her name.

Stage

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The thing about Ann Coulter us that she isn't afraid to say exactly what she's thinking. Yes, she can go WAY to far sometimes, but occasionaly I find myself thinking "I've always wanted to say that, but I'd get killed for it!"

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stage said:
The thing about Ann Coulter us that she isn't afraid to say exactly what she's thinking. Yes, she can go WAY to far sometimes, but occasionaly I find myself thinking "I've always wanted to say that, but I'd get killed for it!"
Exactly........and well put.

Whose work should I read........Al Franken???

I tend to like her opening statement in her new book: "Historically, the best way to convert liberals is to have them move out of their parents' home, get a job, and start paying taxes."

Mark
Deo Vindice

Reaction score
last_cav1971 said:
Exactly........and well put.

I tend to like her opening statement in her new book: "Historically, the best way to convert liberals is to have them move out of their parents' home, get a job, and start paying taxes."

Mark
Deo Vindice
I would have to say that Coulter and Franken are polar opposites. So far out right and left, neither can be taken seriously. They are too far from reality to be useful.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
last_cav1971 said:
Try reading someone who is neither extreme left (Franken) nor extreme right (Coulter).

I know it's standard in the US now to be extreme one way or the other but that doesn't mean you have to follow either, if you so choose. The problem with each extreme point of view is that neither is really accurate, because proponents of each just want you on their side, and they'll say anything to make that happen.

Stage

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I know. The truth is always someplace inbetween. I just love it when she goes up against those left wing psychos and rips 'em a new one. (Simply because those guys never seem to be where I can argue with them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.