? and NAM behibd a Wall

NetWalker

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
A unit uses NAM to move into an open ground hex that is behind a wall to a ? unit of mine but in LOS to that unit.

In reading of the last para of 12:14 it states "The presence of a LOS Hindrance or beneficial defensive DRM along the LOS to a concealed unit does not prevent loss of its concealment.

Does his unit loose concealmenteven? Though it is not open ground for interdiction I believe that is is still open ground for ? loss.

Paul...

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
NetWalker said:
Does his unit loose concealmenteven? Though it is not open ground for interdiction I believe that is is still open ground for ? loss.
It is not Open Ground for ?-loss, but that doesn't matter because Non-Assault Movement is a ?-loss action regardless of whether the terrain is OG or not.

Open ground for ?-loss purposes only matters if the unit in question are using Assault Movement or Advance. In those cases, the unit would not lose concealment (unless AM'ing/advancing into OG), because the wall is enough to make it non-OG for ?-loss purposes.

But NAM is a concealment-loss action regardless of terrain, which is why the A12.14 sentence you quote says what it does -- as long as there is LOS to a GO enemy unit (within 16 hexes).