An oddball question about scenarios

SquadLdr76

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a question that I was really curious about. Obviously, most people enjoy the idea behind actually being able to observe situations that occur in actual battles during the war.

I was wondering if anybody ever just sat down and came up with any hypothetical scenarios just to see how they would play out. Now, I'm not talking about DYO here. What I mean is looking at a situation and coming up with some rather different victory conditions. Like taking the Hitler counter from the HOB SS2 pack and have the Russians try to capture him or something. Yeah, I mean really "gamey" scenarios.

I was just wondering.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian Hess and I once designed a three-player "Hitler's Brain" scenario...

One player had SS troops in a midevil castle in South America (yes, in South America). These guys had a "mad scientist" who was carrying Hitler's brain around in a jar.

One player was US - entered by boat on the river.

The third player was British - parachute in...

If either Brit or US player captured / destroyed the mad scientist before the game ended they won. Otherwise the SS player wins.

There were also angry mobs of civilians who would randomly attack anyone in sight in close combat.

Is that "gamey" enough for ya? :roll:

Sam

SquadLdr76

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about.

It sounds really interesting. Do you by any chance have any material from that? I'd like to take a look if I could.

Thanks

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SquadLdr76 said:
Yeah, I mean really "gamey" scenarios.
You will need to use VASL, but I made a sceanrio based on Hogan's Heroes that you can download from my web site.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That sort of material does not turn me on at all. If I wanted to go the fantasy route, I would be dressing up like an elf (or wearing a lot of tinfoil)

But, I gueess there are a bunch of people who do not mind it. 8)

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I understand where Fred's coming from - and most of the time I limit myself to historical sceanrios.

Brian and I worked on this one just for the heck of it - even playtested it once. ;)

I'll see if I can find the material and post it.

Jeff Leslie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There's also a Hogan's Heroes scenario out there, as well as a couple other "goofy" scenarios.

Here's a link that has an "outdoor survival" scenario and a "Dirty Dozen" scenario (from the movie)

http://members.tripod.com/~The_Cookster/aslml/Aslml2_9.htm

I think the Hogan's Heroes scenario used to be on Coastalfortress.com but if anybody knows where else it might be, please post it here.

syfaulk

Reaction score
Jeff wrote:
I think the Hogan's Heroes scenario used to be on Coastalfortress.com but if anybody knows where else it might be, please post it here.
The Hogan's Heroes scenario is Brian Williams'. It's on his website at www.singlemanpublishing.com . As for CF, we had a scenario that was based on the last battle from Saving Private Ryan called "Solid Gold Real Estate".

Later,
Scott