an interesting book?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just came across a copy of this item:

Command Culture : Officer Education in the U.S. Army and the German Armed Forces, 1901-1940, and the Consequences for World War II
Muth, Jorg
Pages: 377
Publisher: University of North Texas Press

Has anyone read it yet? I thought it might be quite interesting in the light of our cardboard small unit leaders in ASL and how they function and are apportioned.

KRL, Jon H

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I do not know that one but if you want an analysis of the comparable fighting power between Germans and Americans in WW2 with one of its focuses on the respective leadership, selection of leaders, etc. I can recommend the following:

Martin van Crefeld
"Fighting Power" (or "Kampfkraft" in German)

http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Power-Performance-1939-1945-Contributions/dp/0313091579/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1401695627&sr=1-1&keywords=van+creveld+fighting+power

Martin van Crefeld is of some renown and the books I have read from him - including this one - justify his reputation in my opinion.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do not know that one but if you want an analysis of the comparable fighting power between Germans and Americans in WW2 with one of its focuses on the respective leadership, selection of leaders, etc. I can recommend the following:

Martin van Crefeld
"Fighting Power" (or "Kampfkraft" in German)

http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Power-Performance-1939-1945-Contributions/dp/0313091579/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1401695627&sr=1-1&keywords=van+creveld+fighting+power

Martin van Crefeld is of some renown and the books I have read from him - including this one - justify his reputation in my opinion.

von Marwitz
Thanks!

I saw this one, I'll go back and reserve it for my reading.

KRL, Jon H