An idea: putting turn files in the game records?

skprtod914

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was looking at the game records in the ladder for the ACW games, and I thought it would be interesting if people loaded the turn files with the report submissions, through screenshots. I know this would require a lot of uploading, so I was wondering if very many people would consider doing it. I am interested in starting with PBEM, and while I don't know how to upload screenshots, I could probably learn.

Compass Rose

Reaction score
As of right now the game ladders are out of commission. GameSquad had to upgrade their system software sometime in early January, they are working on making the ladder and tournament software compatible with the new forum software.

After a PBEM game, we fill out a game report which has predefined fields which is where we input all of our data. As you may have seen, some guys add a lot more detail in their write ups than others. There are also PBEM games going on that don't always get reported. I don't believe your suggestion of including screen shots would fit in the report fields, but than again, I've never tried to do it.

When ever you are ready for some PBEM games, make sure to post a thread in the CWB Opponents Wanted Section. I’m sure you’ll have no problem finding an opponent.

Last edited:

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I was looking at the game records in the ladder for the ACW games, and I thought it would be interesting if people loaded the turn files with the report submissions, through screenshots. I know this would require a lot of uploading, so I was wondering if very many people would consider doing it. I am interested in starting with PBEM, and while I don't know how to upload screenshots, I could probably learn.
Welcome Sir! Unfortunately what youa re suggesting would require a lot of storage space and bandwidth if everyone did it. A few good AAR's (after action reports) would do the trick...where people take screen shots as the game progresses and then post commentary for it, but it takes commitment to put together as the game progresses.

If you check out the sub-forum linked at the top of this one for CWB After Action Reports you'll find quite a few of them. Just make sure and change the view settings to "from the beginning" so that they will all be displayed.