Ammo Vehicles... marked in pregame?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do Ammo Vehicles have to be marked with the Ammo Counter during pregame, or can those be put on the vehicle later, a la BU/CE status? Because if you've got 5/8" concealed counters and might want to set up some Dummies masquerading as Ammo Vehicles, it would kinda ruin the effect to require those counters. Unless you force the player to spend a 1/2" ? counter to masquerade as the Ammo Counter. Wot say?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Sorry. There's not a rule for that.

Personally, I'd accept if my opponent saved the ammo counter until the truck was revealed - fog of war and all that. But what about that stack of half-track passengers beneath their vehicle's giant Question Mark placard? Why do the contents of one vehicle get notated on a side record while those of another teeter precariously onboard?

...um, I guess I just convinced myself to keep the ammo counter with the truck.:oops:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Good question.

By the rules I do not see how they the ammo counters can be left away. But if you are favoring more fog of war, I would suggest to talk this over with your opponent before the start of the game and to leave the ammo counters away by mutual agreement.

On the other hand, Binchois has a very solid point to place the ammo counter and I tend to agree with him.

von Marwitz

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But what about that stack of half-track passengers beneath their vehicle's giant Question Mark placard? Why do the contents of one vehicle get notated on a side record while those of another teeter precariously onboard?
Because they're quiet little boxes sitting there and would never hurt a thing?