Ammo Containers/WinSPMBT

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Can helicopters be resupplied throughout a battle?

I was fighting a PBEM game a long time ago, against a good opponent, and I had some of those cheap Russian Kasatka heli's, with 2he and 1xap rockets. After firing all the ammo, i landed the choppers next to an ammo supply dump, but they were not reloading for 3 turns, and by the 4th the game had finished.

Can helicopters actually resupply ammunition in such a way (i.e. would it take them longer than 3 turns) or is this a definite no-no, and heli's cant be resupplied during a battle?:confused:

Sushi

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Was this helo landed I would ask also? ;)
But jokes aside, the answer is yes, can be resupplied.

Must be landed and if there are any other units resupplying from this carrier, pace of restocking ammo will be slower than 1 full no movement turn.
But in this case you can expect also that some of these units will get restocked partially during a turn. Said Kasatka helo, may get his 1 AP round but not HE, which means it's ready to blast some armor again :D

And btw, even lifting a helo above ammo storage and then landing it in the same turn breaks the sequence - next turn will be checked as "no movement".

Last edited:

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Thanks for your advice guys (yeah, helo was landed, but i guess the other units in vicinity ruined the prompt resupply of the choppers) Much appreciated!