American Sniper

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Um , re read the post, it states very clearly that I have seen Fury but I have not seen AS, and the comments if read right with punctuation clearly point to those comments being about Fury, Not AS...........so the odd one here is you me old china:smoke:
AS makes an ASS of me.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well; I did not know how it ended until I read the spoiler.
Honza, ask yourself this: If you read a review of the film version of ABtF that said something in passing like "of course, Operation Market Garden failed to accomplish its ultimate objective of opening a path for the Allies into Germany," would you consider that a spoiler for the movie?

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just caught a trailer for this Clint Eastwood film.

Gave me goosebumps.

On my must see list now.

ASL content, what SAN should the US side have and is the child a THH, a DC Hero or unarmed unit?

If the child is a THH/DCH what MF would it have left after the HS it was part of spent 1MF in LOS??? Should it be considered wounded given it is a child??

Apologies for the content, just keeping the discussion relevant.
This belongs in the off topic folder.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
What does this have to do with the damn game?

Moving this to chit chat where it belongs.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Back from a romantic evening with the Mrs.
Made her an epsom salt bath in the roman tub when she got home from work.
Then took her out to an Asian fusion restaurant. Had the sushi bar to ourselves, and were treated to magnificient platter of sushi, seaweed salad, and fried shrimp rolls by the chef, who prepared everything in front of us.
Then a stroll next door to the cinema.
We saw American Sniper.
My wife was surprised by the ending. She thought it was just a flick.
She had no idea who Kyle was.
She loved the movie; wants to see it again.
Got home, and all she can think about is going shooting again.
She hasn't fired a sniper rifle since '93.
Two thumbs up from Mrs. D. :)

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just seen AS, IMHO it is one very well made film. It captures in my humble view the mind set of those who have served over there, and in Afghan. You get two sides, Chris, who takes it in his stride, but ultimately has to let it go and lay his ghosts to bed, and the small clip with his brother who clearly had a very bad Tour. I have read that in the U.S. it has gotten mixed reviews, I honestly think it is a great story, took me back a few years , and Bradley Cooper plays Kyle brilliantly.

You either like it, or you don't.

Cheers

Perry

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It looks very good. 2 minutes and I was drawn.

The actual sketch of film reminds me very much of a movie a few years ago based on Yugoslavia where one of the main characters is a mercenary sniper who shot a child early in the film. That was a great film. Deeply touching, and also deeply disturbing. The guy find redemption by saving a raped woman's baby when the woman is killed by Serbian paramilitaries. **** I wish I could remember the name of the film.
Your thinking of Saviour with Dennis Quaid. There is Shot Through the Heart also about a Bosniak sniper vs his old Serbian friend also a sniper. Both excellent movies I think.

I'll wait for American Sniper for DVD release I think.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Your thinking of Saviour with Dennis Quaid. There is Shot Through the Heart also about a Bosniak sniper vs his old Serbian friend also a sniper. Both excellent movies I think.

I'll wait for American Sniper for DVD release I think.
Dennis Quaid was indeed the star. It must have been that. I recall it being a very upsetting film. And I'm not easily upset.