American Sniper

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just caught a trailer for this Clint Eastwood film.

Gave me goosebumps.

On my must see list now.

ASL content, what SAN should the US side have and is the child a THH, a DC Hero or unarmed unit?

If the child is a THH/DCH what MF would it have left after the HS it was part of spent 1MF in LOS??? Should it be considered wounded given it is a child??

Apologies for the content, just keeping the discussion relevant.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
"Your call" = tough call......looks good.

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
"Your call" is the default so that you can get the blame, never let it be said management don't think ahead!

Should be a good movie though

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The radio man gave the sniper the 'green light' on one occasion. Guess that means "go ahead and shoot!"

Clint Eastwood is a fantastic film director; if he is on top form with this movie it will be good.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The radio man gave the sniper the 'green light' on one occasion. Guess that means "go ahead and shoot!"

Clint Eastwood is a fantastic film director; if he is on top form with this movie it will be good.
Clint Eastwood has not hit a good movie since 'Million Dollar Baby'

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Yeah, plus there was the Iwo Jima movies.....

Maybe they were not classics but they are still pretty good.
I thought both of those films were absolute works of art. I really enjoyed both. And Gran Torino also was awesome.

The Western he did blew me away (forget the name of it).

Really, I think he's a top movie maker. As good as they come.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Maybe he is losing his touch; I have not watched his most recent films.

Here is a link to the trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRbAXWfthtA
It looks very good. 2 minutes and I was drawn.

The actual sketch of film reminds me very much of a movie a few years ago based on Yugoslavia where one of the main characters is a mercenary sniper who shot a child early in the film. That was a great film. Deeply touching, and also deeply disturbing. The guy find redemption by saving a raped woman's baby when the woman is killed by Serbian paramilitaries. **** I wish I could remember the name of the film.

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
It looks very good. 2 minutes and I was drawn.

The actual sketch of film reminds me very much of a movie a few years ago based on Yugoslavia where one of the main characters is a mercenary sniper who shot a child early in the film. That was a great film. Deeply touching, and also deeply disturbing. The guy find redemption by saving a raped woman's baby when the woman is killed by Serbian paramilitaries. **** I wish I could remember the name of the film.
Remembered....Unforgiven

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Unforgiven is one of the top 10 movies of all time. Trouble with the Curve was okay, but the rest of his movies are all in the good range or better. JMHO...

Steve
It is....it's one of The perfect westerns for me.

I watched Unforgiven followed by Tombstone a few weeks back with a few beers....it was TV heaven for 5 hours

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
My Marine sniper recently was given the "your call" message and broke a Japanese crew manning a 105 ART Gun in a cave - with only a SAN of 3 that is not bad. This pesky ART Gun has been dominating the Amphitheatre for about four scenarios. With the crew broken a Sherman FT tank could pull right up to the caves entrance and eliminate the crew outright with a 4MC; while being fired upon from behind by a 47L AT. The AT Gun missed because of Smoke, but just as the Sherman started pulling away to safety it bogged in the famous Iwo Jima sand. It is stuck on the ridge now and the 47L has got a side shot at the hull next fire phase - Ooooh the drama!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Corrected that for you.
Unforgiven & Mystic River were great movies.

Letters from Iwo & Flag of our Fathers were not that good. I really wanted them to be.

Gran Torino was so predictable. 30 minutes into the movie and I knew that he was going to die at the end. Sorry, not a good movie.

He has made a lot of great movies, just not lately. JMO

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unforgiven & Mystic River were great movies.

Letters from Iwo & Flag of our Fathers were not that good. I really wanted them to be.

Gran Torino was so predictable. 30 minutes into the movie and I knew that he was going to die at the end. Sorry, not a good movie.

He has made a lot of great movies, just not lately. JMO
I really liked Letters from Iwo Jima. What was there not to like?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really liked Letters from Iwo Jima. What was there not to like?
It was not a bad movie at all. After some of his other movies I just felt very underwhelmed. That is all. I saw Flags of our Fathers first and was really disappointed with it and maybe that spoiled the pot so to say.

Clint Eastwood has made a lot of great movies. I have just not been grabbed like some of his other movies have struck me. The trailer for American Sniper does look awesome.

A bunch of us watched Gran Torino when we got back from Iraq and 30-40 min. into the movie the ending just popped into my head. Admittedly everyone liked the movie except me. So maybe that says something :)

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
It was not a bad movie at all. After some of his other movies I just felt very underwhelmed. That is all. I saw Flags of our Fathers first and was really disappointed with it and maybe that spoiled the pot so to say.

Clint Eastwood has made a lot of great movies. I have just not been grabbed like some of his other movies have struck me. The trailer for American Sniper does look awesome.

A bunch of us watched Gran Torino when we got back from Iraq and 30-40 min. into the movie the ending just popped into my head. Admittedly everyone liked the movie except me. So maybe that says something :)
Not being funny.....but it doesn't take a BA Hons in Forensic Crime Science to have worked out that he dies at the end. It's a film drama. Wouldn't be much of a film drama if he passed away in a retirement home.

If you actually worked out exactly how he died at the end, and managed to implicate the gang, then I'll be impressed. I won't believe you either. I found it a very clever, and rather original, plot twist