Amazon PS3 and Wii

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Amazon announced they were going to sell a crap load of PS3's and Wii's online yesterday. Well in the end...the Wii sold out in 3 minutes and the PS3 sold out in 10. Pretty amazing stuff.

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Lol, it shows how desperate the fans are to get their consoles, even after Christmas. It also shows that there is a higher demand for the Wii, unless there were more PS3 units available.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
doubt there were more PS3s going from all the shortages, probs just the price difference makes more people want a Wii

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
doubt there were more PS3s going from all the shortages, probs just the price difference makes more people want a Wii
Or people in general prefer the Wii? I already think the Wii is perhaps more popular amongst people than the PS3 in the UK at least, after all I keep overhearing people talking about the Wii all of the time and saying how the Wiimote looks fun to use etc... However I seem to hear less people talk about the PS3 and when they do they usually say something along the lines of "it looks good but I doubt I will be able to afford it" etc... Then again maybe this is only because the Wii has been recently launched here yet the PS3 hasn't, maybe interest in the PS3 over here will perk up near the UK launch?

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
im confident that the Wii will be more of a success than the PS3, all over the world, graphics arent everything, to get the most out of the ps3 graphics you need an HDTV as well....so if you are buying the ps3 for graphics you would more than likely have an HDTV, but if you buy a console for gameplay you will more than likely buy a Wii.
So PS3 will appeal to the wealthier people and Wii will appeal to a much larger demographic

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the Wii will be the most popular console for the first 3-4 years. At that point an time...if HDTV's keep the penetration rate they have now...I think tables will turn. I see the PS3 lasting longer then the Wii so it will have a couple of years to play catch up on total sales.

However its all speculation on anyones part right now..its far too early to call anything.