Alternative World War - mod for TOAWIII with Communist PO

Crazy Dutch

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
For Trotsky v5 the OOB will get a major overhaul...
For the OOB overhaul have I a suggestion. To add marines /Naval Infantry.

The Netherlands had on start of WWII in Netherlands 3 Marines Battalions and Independent units, say a Brigade. The UK had a Division. The Soviets had some Brigades. Most Countries who had a Navy had also Marine Units.

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
For the OOB overhaul have I a suggestion. To add marines /Naval Infantry.

The Netherlands had on start of WWII in Netherlands 3 Marines Battalions and Independent units, say a Brigade. The UK had a Division. The Soviets had some Brigades. Most Countries who had a Navy had also Marine Units.
Good point. Diversified units will be one of the new features.
I also have gotten suggestions for mountain units.

whaleofashrimp

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
chemical weapons should play a part in this game....trotsky had a zelous love affair during the civil war gassing rebellious peasents armned with pitch forks.
I dont think he would be as hesitant to use them against hitler when the going got rough
of course he might abstan if he realizes exactly how much more leathel german nerve gas is compaired to ww1 era musterd and chlorine

whaleofashrimp

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
have you-or anyone else here- thought of modeling another theater of this war like the southeast Asian theater? even with almost 15 years of rapid modernization and construction I don't see the soviet navy standing a chance against the combined power of the British,french and Japanese Navies....not to mention the Americans....I'd foresee it as a fluid land war with the Communist forces using massive but underequiped numbers to dominate the mainland while the western powers used there naval/air supremacy and maneuverability to pick and choose where and when to attack...make amphibious landings/airdrops to cut off and isolate army's and bring massive firepower to bear against targeted formations

my laptop got smashed on christmas :mad:
so I'm forced to use this damned mac :(
But my budget plan allows me to buy a brand spanking new one in may and I'll be ordering toaw 3 in advance...I loved my acow back in the day and only recently found out about the sequel...can't wait to get reacquainted with the program i spent many a lonely Saturday night in high school with