Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
when Irish eyes are smilin.
( when Tim O shenko spots an opportunity to fire??)
When the O'Shenkos and O'Leary's became an extended family group through marriage quite a few of the boys were named Timothy. Tim O'Shenko has been mentioned many times. Timothy O'Leary was an American cousin.

They had a similarly named cousin who was a miner and was trapped when the mine caved in. Although some of the other miners were rescued his body was never found.

I can't recall if he was from the O'Shenko or O'Leary side of the clan but IIRC he was mentioned in a song.

The New York Mining Disaster and Big John are the only songs I can think of offhand about when a mine collapsed but I don't think it's one of them.🤔

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
When the O'Shenkos and O'Leary's became an extended family group through marriage quite a few of the boys were named Timothy. Tim O'Shenko has been mentioned many times. Timothy O'Leary was an American cousin.

They had a similarly named cousin who was a miner and was trapped when the mine caved in. Although some of the other miners were rescued his body was never found.

I can't recall if he was from the O'Shenko or O'Leary side of the clan but IIRC he was mentioned in a song.

The New York Mining Disaster and Big John are the only songs I can think of offhand about when a mine collapsed but I don't think it's one of them.🤔
Timoshenko kept going through my head as a source of further hahas.

" Legend of a Mind " by the Moody Blues seemed like a good place to start.

Timothy Leary's dead
No no no he's on the outside
Looking in.

Timoshenko's dead
Yes yes yes Stalin
Did him in.

Or something along those lines. Anyway we all know that I am an adherent to historical accuracy so I checked out when he died. 1970. So much for Papa Joe doing him in.

Now we come to the whole point of this post, aside from Actionjick's " creative " thought process. They had several pictures of other Soviet Generals and it struck me once again how they love that fruit salad on their chests. The weight of all those medals had to be hard on their backs.

Lol it's been a Dark and Stormy afternoon. Don't judge me harshly. I was up at 4:45 am so it's actually evening for me. And I was a sailor.

Papa Joe's. A very popular pizza franchise in the Soviet Union.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Saint Perry would have been closer to Peter but Grofaz came to mind first.
Lol about two hours ago I was in the middle of cleaning up to make room for Old Gertrude's replacement and then Actiondebbie came up. Then all the Timothy crap preoccupied me. Then it became a Dark and Stormy afternoon.

The floor is covered with obsolete computer equipment and all I want to do is make hahas.

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
NOT one steppe back!! It’s obsolete so you have had your chips. Shut the windows. Close the Doors

Riders of the storm. It’s not The End
😳

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Saint Perry would have been closer to Peter but Grofaz came to mind first.
Do you have to be dead to be a Saint? Or a New Orleans football player? I hope Perry is neither. Fish at least qualifies on one count.

Being the Historical Accuracy Adherent that I am further research is necessary!! I'll see if Professor Talo is available.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I need to take a long holiday.
Watch some gamers play maybe.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Timoshenko kept going through my head as a source of further hahas.

" Legend of a Mind " by the Moody Blues seemed like a good place to start.

Timothy Leary's dead
No no no he's on the outside
Looking in.

Timoshenko's dead
Yes yes yes Stalin
Did him in.

Or something along those lines. Anyway we all know that I am an adherent to historical accuracy so I checked out when he died. 1970. So much for Papa Joe doing him in.

Now we come to the whole point of this post, aside from Actionjick's " creative " thought process. They had several pictures of other Soviet Generals and it struck me once again how they love that fruit salad on their chests. The weight of all those medals had to be hard on their backs.

Lol it's been a Dark and Stormy afternoon. Don't judge me harshly. I was up at 4:45 am so it's actually evening for me. And I was a sailor.

Papa Joe's. A very popular pizza franchise in the Soviet Union.
Fish and I played a lot of Axis and Allies. Although ASL was the main love for both of us at the core we were both primarily gamers. Axis and Allies was not overly complex by any stretch of the imagination and was fun to play.

As with most games we played nicknames were freely assigned. Hitler was Uncle 'Dolf and Stalin was Papa Joe. Oddly no nicknames for the Western Allies.

Note the upper case A on Allies. There was a previous thread concerning that word Allied. I took a viewpoint and Perry took a different one. I'm still rather disputaious about that and believe that Perry was wrong. These young whippersnappers think they know it all.😉🤣🤣🥰🥰😘😘😘

Last edited: