ALSRB in PDF?

thnorth

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't imagine that I am the first (or last) person to ask this question, but is there available out there a (legal) portable document format (.pdf) version of the ASL Rulebook? I don't mean some illegible crap that some anti-social, sunlight-averse geek force-fed through his grandma's OCR scanner in between handfuls of Cheezepoofs, but a proper, well-laid out, text-searchable document, with hotlinks and all the other modcons.

I love ASL as a boardgame, but there are some aspects of the system that just scream out for a little digitalization.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

There is no PDF copy that I know of, but if you have the ASLRB, why not do it your self? Anyway, expect aslgrognerd, Ronny Mosher and Sam B lecture you about copyright infringment in about an hour or so.

Scott

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scott,

The difference is that he asked if there was a legal copy in pdf... He's not asking for illegal copying.

See? No lecture.

Sam

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ya, go ahead and make yer own because thats the only way to get one, there isnt a MMP published or public one out there AFAIK.

BTW, good job insulting the hard working individuals who have made their own searchable, html-type ASLRB. Are you sure you shouldnt be on the ASLML?

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
that's kind of harsh

the bit about the sunlight averse geek is a bit hypocritical, i mean in the same sentence you admit to being an asl player, surely a non sequitor :>)

I have html v1 and pdf v2, i have never used v2, the html is fantastic and i can't wait to buy the mmp sanctioned version.

I just wish they would release it soon. It can't be that hard to get onto a cd with a nice cover.

(scott, consider this a segue into MMP's lack of product. I mean I'm away for a year, and what do they release? sweet F**k all)

b e n

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ha ha,

Ben-

If you act like that and not be apart of the "everything is just peachy" MMP team, your not going to get any free baseball tickets. ; )

Ben writes;
<<I just wish they would release it soon. It can't be that hard to get onto a cd with a nice cover.

(scott, consider this a segue into MMP's lack of product. I mean I'm away for a year, and what do they release? sweet F**k all)

b e n>>

Scott

ASLgrognard

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ROFL

Scott,

You are such a little man. I told you that I don't give a...about you and whatever you want to do. If you want to make fun of my name, go for it.
You obviously don't have much of a life, so if mental masturbation is how you get you thrills...you go girl.

It would seem that the righteous won a victory, don't see much copied/altered trash on ebay lately.

Another thread that I won't be coming back to.

thnorth

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah, yes...a simple request for information from an innocent third-party degenerates into personal abuse amongst presumed adults who should know better. How does anyone expect to attract fresh interest in the game with such child-like behaviour in these forums?

Thank you, by the way, for the information on the MMP efforts to produce a version of the ASLRB worthy of the information age. I'll keep an eye out for it.