Allowing OOB Movements Between Games

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
As the Civil War series winds down (only a few real options left for titles, notably the Valley Campaigns, the Overland and perhaps Trans-Mis) I'm sure I'm not the only one who wonders whether we could use what already exists in different ways.

I'm not advocating letting people edit the OOBs - that's the company's choice and might eventually change.

No, I'd rather take and use what's already here. What I would love is being able to move one game's OOB (unedited) to another game.

For instance, I had an idea for a Peninsula campaign set in the Manassas area, and I also had some ideas about Fredricksburg/Chancellorsville in the same areas. But naturally we can't do that now.

Is there any way of allowing this?

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Rich will correct me, I'm sure, if I'm mistaken- but I believe that Tiller has stated that he would unlock the OOB files after he is done with the series. Which would be the winding down, which you'd be getting at.

Now, I know that is over and above the scope of your question; however by allowing the OOB files to become editable; your ideas for using the OOB files among different titles of the series should work, from a purely technological standpoint.

I suppose the answer would be, not yet, but soon.

Tiller's guys (in this case I am talking about Rich Walker over on the ACWGC board within the past 18 months maybe less) posted about there being 3 titles out there in development at the time of his posting (and for the life of me, I can't remember if he wrote that before or after Chancellorsville was released -as it would make a difference for the present day). I also know that Rich Hamilton has never contradicted that -about the numbers of titles out there left to be done in the CWB series (as far as if there is some other Civil War series on the drawing table, I guess only guys who attended Tillercon know what JT said about that ... but I have heard rumours from last May ... but who knows - that is all I know.).

Mind you all of this stuff was posted on publicly viewable boards- so I reckon it is all fair game.

Anyways- I am fairly confident the answer to your question is per the above... yes, but not yet.