ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Hey gang what’s crackin

Anyone have some early war situations involving the Czechs? I’m talking 1938 what-ifs if the Germans have to go in hot.

Besides that, I’m looking for a good scenario pack that involves more Slovakian units in the Barbarossa campaign.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
PAD2: The Quick and the Dead (Pete Shelling) Taupze, Krasnodar, August 21, 1942. Slovaks vs Soviets

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Check out the "Break Contact" ASL Fanzine from Australia.
they have several Czech scenarios along with the 'what if' rules they developed.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Interesting. I don’t know what special rules would be needed in either case, just a difference in weapons support available.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Search the vault, there are two issues already and a third is being prepared.

Reactions: PTY

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Looks like BC21 Irksome Rearguard from Aussie Battler Pack is becoming "Official" in J14.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Nothing wrong with the occasional militias vs Czech army but a 1938 campaign is a staple of hypotheticals in all of wargaming.
Perhaps I shall make a campaign…

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I haven’t used Consimworld because of how ancient it is. There’s good stuff there but it’s like an excavation.

Now what actually is included in the armory to represent Czech armor? I probably need to make my own counters for all the Skoda stuff but that’s fine: I was planning on making my own paper tanks as it was.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Much of the Skoda armaments are part of the Axis Minor Counter mix.
You have to do some reading to know which vehicle/gun is Skoda.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I didn’t realize that. I guess just general Axis minor rules can work for the Czechs. I did think they would be a little bit better. I think it’s an interesting situation: you have the higher quality German infantry but their armor reserves are pitiful. Also, unlike Poland, they have to go over a lot of hills and rough terrain. It could actually be quite epic.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I didn’t realize that. I guess just general Axis minor rules can work for the Czechs. I did think they would be a little bit better. I think it’s an interesting situation: you have the higher quality German infantry but their armor reserves are pitiful. Also, unlike Poland, they have to go over a lot of hills and rough terrain. It could actually be quite epic.
Just SSR the Broken Morale being one higher (ie same as Good Order value). Germans would have a larger proportion of 2nd Line quality troops, with 1st Line being "Elite-equivalent". That would make the two sides more equal in terms of troop quality.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I don’t think troop quality needs to be equalized. Czechs were retrograde petty nationalists with an old of style army, the same as everyone else except they had better tanks.