ALL THINGS ALBANY 2018...2016 and 2017 carryover registrants

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The "split" is what? Is it as depicted on the scenario card 1st one Defender, 2nd one listed the Attacker?
Axis-Allies. That is what is meant by "Ax-Al". I'll edit the post to spell it out a bit more clearly...
Steve

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DTF-2 Blitzkrieg 0-4

WO28 Dean's Defiance 0-4

Blitzkrieg may be a little pro-French, but I think that it is pretty balanced at a high level of play.
The 0-4 isn't a surprise on Dean's Defiance....

But the 0-4 on Blitzkrieg is, I think it's the best scenario in the DTF pack.

Would love to know what the SW purchases for those OB's were for the 4 games of this.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Would love to know what the SW purchases for those OB's were for the 4 games of this.
I lost my game to Sean Deller when in the last CCPh I could get only 1 VP out of 7 chances.....lost with 19 VP. I had 20 buildings, destroyed 4 French AFV and lost 5 German AFV. My Stukas did diddeley squat.

My SWPP purchases as German were: 81* MTR, DC * 3, ATR * 3, LMG * 3, 50* MTR. French purchases were 3 * INF gun and one ATR and one 60* MTR.

My 5 tanks losses were due to 25LL AT (1), ATR (1), INF gun (1) and Somua (2)

His 4 tank losses were due to 37L AT (1), placed DC (1), CC (1) and Pz II (20 L gun - 1).

Last edited:

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who the heck had time to play Empire’s Fall at Albany?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do agree that Deans is a woofer. As for Blitzkrieg not a bad scenario but with the odd entry and set up instructions can make this one a real pain to set up since you really need to pay attention to entry points and so on. I have won this as the French just by using the French armor as a line of pillboxes to stop further german progression towards gaining more buildings. The Stukas are usful in interdicting French movement towards any hotspots. But all in all, the scenario is scripted due to the Germans must attack into the frf board. The only way I see the Germans having any chance in this scenario is loading up on FT's and DC's, this would have a good chance at breaking the line of Armor pillbox defense. A good scenario and one that takes a couple of playings to grok.

As a side note, I really wish these publishers would use counter art, looking at a wall of text is a real pain in the butt.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gary, when is your next scenario pack coming out? If so, what will be the main thrust of your new scenario pack?
I'm currently engaged in a graduate degree program and have very little time to catch my breath. Haven't done much gaming in quite some time. I have the follow up to "To the Bridge" in various stages of completion. I would like to get back to work on them this summer, but time is looking scarce.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I try to give players the ability to play a big scenario they might not normally play. Some players take advantage of this option while others would rather stick with a more manageable scenario. Thursday at Albany is definitely not a one size fits all proposition...
Steve

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I lost my game to Sean Deller when in the last CCPh I could get only 1 VP out of 7 chances.....lost with 19 VP. I had 20 buildings, destroyed 4 French AFV and lost 5 German AFV. My Stukas did diddeley squat.

My SWPP purchases as German were: 81* MTR, DC * 3, ATR * 3, LMG * 3, 50* MTR. French purchases were 3 * INF gun and one ATR and one 60* MTR.

My 5 tanks losses were due to 25LL AT (1), ATR (1), INF gun (1) and Somua (2)

His 4 tank losses were due to 37L AT (1), placed DC (1), CC (1) and Pz II (20 L gun - 1).
I played Blitzkrieg as the French (not at Albany), it came down to a last building result.

Why did you pick the 81*Mtr and where did you put it?

Rich

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I played Blitzkrieg as the French (not at Albany), it came down to a last building result.

Why did you pick the 81*Mtr and where did you put it?

Rich
Chris and I quite like the punch and Smoke of the 81mm MTR. Dismantled with a 7-0 leader, it can move 6 MF in a MPh, which means it is also fairly mobile.

Unfortunately my German Smoke firing was a disaster. The MTR came up west of center to threaten French in the wood lines just south of the FrF A village. He withdrew quickly, so the MTR moved and switched targets to the French defending the stream. I tried to fire my first Smoke round at a range of about 20 hexes, at Frenchies on in the building on Level 1 right behind the bridge. Very unfortunately, I had no Smoke. These French turned out to posses an ATR (which killed a Panzer) and had a HIP 25LL AT gun underneath them at ground level, which killed another Panzer.

If I had had my one Smoke round (DR 8 or less) I would have possibly saved both tanks.......this is how close the entire game played out.