ALL THINGS ALBANY 2017

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys,

is the Overlay I (Schwerpunkt ?) required for playing SP 258 Operation Blackwater available for VASL ?

It is a little tricky to consider this scenario without the key overlay.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
It is the old SL overlay. I don't have that overlay in VASL either. Anyone know where we can download this overlay? You can see the map at the scenario archive:
http://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/scenario.php?id=62848

BTW, I have extra copies of this overlay in case you need one...
Steve

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This overlay might be vaslized in the updated VASLOverlay extension. I think it was in Best of Friends or some such. I’ll check when I can.

Meant to release this extension today but got sidetracked with my wife’s unexpected medical issue which we are learning should work out okay.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Overlay I is included in the upcoming VASLOverlay extension release.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A few match ups have been made. I will pair up most guys this weekend. Last chance to email me your first choice on scenario...
Thanks,
Steve

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve, will you need the VASLOverlay extension before Monday (if at all)?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TIME TO REGISTER FOR YOUR HOTEL ROOM IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!
The Albany room block at the Best Western Albany Airport Inn will be expiring soon,
so if you haven't registered for your room yet, do it today! Call them at 518 458 1000
and mention New York State ASL Championship for our special room rate. Be sure to
go directly through the Hotel and not thru Best Western's national reservation line
or Expedia or some similar third party room service...because registering directly with the hotel
gains you an additional FREE raffle ticket. Maybe you'll win the #1 print of the
Forgotten War's box art from Ken Smith...or one of our other great prizes.
See you in a few weeks!
Joe Leoce

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there still room in the tournament or is it full / too late? Also, is there anything folks would recommend doing in the Albany area if one has an extra day?

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there still room in the tournament or is it full / too late? Also, is there anything folks would recommend doing in the Albany area if one has an extra day?
There's no limit and it is not too late. Email me at stevenpleva (at) earthlink (dot) net and tell me when you are going to arrive so I can get you matched up...
Thanks,
Steve

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are friends with the following please ask them to email me at: stevenpleva (at) earthlink (dot) net
Andy Robin
Ron Duenskie
John Merritt
Dan Stanhagen

Thanks,
Steve

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
can anyone share a link to the vasl map extension (whenever it is out) so I can set up for Operation Blackwater one of these fine days?

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dear all,

sorry to hijack this space for a quick announcement....

Since I am driving to Albany, I am in a position to bring along some of my remaining stock of Krakow 1325 AD boardgames, in case anyone is interested in purchasing.

The special discount price for Albany will be US $ 20 per game, including the 3 player expansion. Normal price is around US $ 50 for the combination.

This is the game:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/37461/krakow-1325-ad

You can preorder directly with me here or simply check it out and purchase at the tournament.

If I receive at least 2 pre-orders, I will donate one game to the Albany Raffle for a lucky winner!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A UNIQUE OPPPORTUNITY TO HELP A YOUNG GIRL IN NEED AND SNAG AN ASL COLLECTION
FOR AN EXCELLENT PRICE.

Albany attendees, this came to me today from Dave Cheng:
We have a situation I'm hoping you can help us with.

Several months ago, one of our members, Tom Wargo, passed away from a sudden heart attack. He was only in his 50s, and he left behind a young daughter. Tom's wife has asked us to help sell his large game collection, to go towards his daughter's college fund.

It seems that Tom was also a big fan of ASL, and he had quite the collection of ASL material.

We'd love to sell the whole lot to someone in the ASL community, and we're hoping this can be a "win-win" situation.
The used game dealers will generally offer 40-50% of eBay "street value" for the stuff. We're hoping that someone might offer 75% of street value. They get it cheaper than if they purchased online, and Tom's daughter gets more money for her college fund.

I have a PDF file with the full list of ASL items and another with the condition codes used that are borrowed the system from Noble Knight Games.

Could you please forward this message to your attendees, both registered and potential? It would be awesome if one of them wants to buy the whole lot of stuff. I can arrange to deliver it to the Best Western next weekend. I'll even help the buyer load it into their car. (There are a lot of boxes, so leave room in the trunk and back seat).

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help make this happen.

Thank you,
Dave Cheng
Schenectady Wargamers Association
(518) 464-1977

e-mail me if interested in exploring this and learning more anout ot.

Thanks.

Joe Leoce

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dear all,

sorry to hijack this space for a quick announcement....

Since I am driving to Albany, I am in a position to bring along some of my remaining stock of Krakow 1325 AD boardgames, in case anyone is interested in purchasing.

The special discount price for Albany will be US $ 20 per game, including the 3 player expansion. Normal price is around US $ 50 for the combination.

This is the game:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/37461/krakow-1325-ad

You can preorder directly with me here or simply check it out and purchase at the tournament.

If I receive at least 2 pre-orders, I will donate one game to the Albany Raffle for a lucky winner!

Peter,

I would be interested in purchasing a copy at the Albany tournament.

Thanks!

Bill

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here are the approximate round times:

Thursday
Round 1 - 10:00am-12:00am (14 hours) or 1:00pm-12:00am (11 hours)
Friday
Round 2 - 8:30am-4:00pm
Round 3 - 4:00pm-12:00am
Saturday
Round 4 - 8:30am-4:00pm
Round 5 - 4:00pm-12:00am
Sunday
Round 6 - 8:30am-3:00pm

Cheers,
Steve

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BTW, if you are coming Thursday and haven't arranged a match yet, please PM me.
Thanks,
Steve