Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Enjoyed my long standing ovation very much and am very thankful
that so many players show up at ALBANY every year. However,
I will no longer be playing VASL nor attending tournaments anytime
in the near future. HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all.

Also want to thank the many players that gave me gifts. Was a VERY
enjoyable THIRTEEN YEARS. I will still be running the website.
Good luck with whatever you do Gary and hope to roll some dice with you again down the line, Vic.

chapman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats Paul, Michael and Gary! Had another great Albany, seeing familiar faces and meeting some new ones along the way. Really had fun with the 3 player mini, love the four day format, hope it stays.
Gary you WILL BE MISSED!! So many great times thanks to your TD efforts over the years. Enjoy retirement, but not so much you don't come back to the ASL brotherhood. Thanks again to Joe, Gary and Steve for keeping this a great event.

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Paul Sidhu pulled it off with a string of CC's in the final VC building.

Congratulations to Paul.
I had some time to kill in the airport so as a mathematical excercise I crunched the numbers and by my count Paul had a 55.6 per cent chance to succesfully take control of the 5 VP building. He needed to not get ambushed in 2 Close combats and he needed to kill everything in both CC's. All four outcomes were likely to happen individually, but Michael needed just one of them to maintain control of the building. That is about as close of a tournament final finish I have seen in my 15 years of ASL Tournaments. Great game to watch.

(Disclaimer, the 55.6 per cent does not include the fact that Paul could also win by succeeding with one of his two 8 percent chances to kill a vehicle in CC).

Once again, congratulations to Paul and well done Michael.

Thanks to Gary for running a terrific tournament. Again. It has been such a well organized and smooth run tournament every time we've been there. And this year it was the most challenging group of opponents I've ever had. Great games and great fun. Thanks to my opponents and all the good people at Albany. The Danish crew will be back in 2018.

I will seek to put together an AAR.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is the top 29 (3 wins and above) for this year's tourney:
1 Sidhu (6 wins)
2 Hastrup-Leth (5 wins)
3 Chapman (3 Player Mini winner)
4 Mei
5 Cirillo (Gor-Gor Heretical Mini winner)
6 Hayward (4 wins)
7 Deller
8 Duenskie
9 Wiersma
10 Siemsen
11 Schneider
12 Rosso
13 Palmer (3 wins)
14 Pagni
15 Wong
16 Chamberland
17 Pleva
18 Leoce
19 Hogenhaug
20 Hershey
21 McDiarmid
22 Anderson (Paul)
23 Graciet
24 Pulhamus
25 Bishop
26 Puccio
27 Seulowitz
28 Curtis
29 Kedge

Thanks to Gary for his tireless efforts as the top official at Albany! Hopefully I have learned well as I will carry the torch from here. I have some minor tweaks for next year in an attempt to make things a little more flexible. I will discuss those in the Albany 2017 thread.
Steve